Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Making strawberry puree to flavour yoghurt?

(8 Posts)
blithedance Sun 12-Oct-08 18:21:48

Is there an easy way to make strawberry puree to flavour natural yoghurt?

I know it sounds obvious, but if I just put fresh strawberries through mouli or blender, it's too watery and then we get runny yoghurt the DC's won't eat.

I have read about thickening with baby rice, now we haven't had that in the house for 2 years but I could get some...

Would it be better to cook them down a bit to make more of a sauce?

MegBusset Sun 12-Oct-08 18:23:23

Dunno about making puree <lazy emoticon> but you can buy baby yoghurts from Rachel's that are essentially yoghurt + puree, ie no added sugar, if that's your concern...

BecauseImAWitch Sun 12-Oct-08 18:24:46

How about buying a really thick yoghurt in the first place? Something like Total is lovely. It seems a shame to add something processed to something so fresh!

BoysAreLikeZombies Sun 12-Oct-08 18:27:08

Simmer the strawberries gently first.

Pass through a sieve if you are really fussy.

HTH

MrsBadger Sun 12-Oct-08 19:04:24

strawberries are crap for this, too runny. Better are mixed berries, rhubarb or apple.

stew the fruit to get rid of some of the water and then add to Greek yog whch is v thick anyway to get something more like 'normal' yog consistency

Habbibu Sun 12-Oct-08 19:05:55

a bit of mashed banana works to thicken - I just mash strawberries and banana together, and then stir in some yoghurt.

blithedance Sun 12-Oct-08 19:07:33

Yes I suppose as long as the yoghurt is faintly pink and a bit sweetened the DC's will eat it.

I can't seem to buy Yeo Valley Fruit tumbles any more and was looking for an alternative that doesn't require me to start shopping at Waitrose.

MegBusset Sun 12-Oct-08 19:11:46

Tesco sell the Rachel's ones...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now