Talk

Advanced search

Help ... can I cook fish fingers & waffles on a George?

(14 Posts)
Millie1 Fri 04-Mar-05 16:28:43

???? Thank you!!

nailpolish Fri 04-Mar-05 16:29:59

waffles would be nice, dont know about fish fingers, you canonly try it and see!!!!!!

let me know how you get on and ill maybe try it too!!!!!!!

serenity Fri 04-Mar-05 16:30:51

quick answer - yes.

Dsis doesn't have a stove, and cooks everything either in the microwave or on her george.

sansouci Fri 04-Mar-05 16:32:02

Haven't a clue but do you like your George? Thinking of getting one.

Aero Fri 04-Mar-05 16:33:20

Am dim - what is a George?

dyzzidi Fri 04-Mar-05 16:34:26

i don't see why not Good luck!
I love my George Forman and would not be without in.

Aero Fri 04-Mar-05 16:35:45

Ahhhhhhhhhhh - the penny drops! - clunk

Millie1 Fri 04-Mar-05 16:41:58

Phew - thanks!!

laneydaye Fri 04-Mar-05 21:16:20

you can cook just about everything on george.....

I do.

Peckarollover Fri 04-Mar-05 21:18:14

I made chicken fajitas on my george this week and would like to use it more...

Can people tell me what kind of things do you do on yours?

charleypops Fri 04-Mar-05 21:30:30

Yes, definitely to both of those things Millie, I cook just about everything that can be grilled on my George - just turn the heat down for thicker things. I cut sausages down the middle.

Made some delicious bacon sarnies today for brekkie - did bacon, tomatoes and mushrooms in the George, put this between buttered bread with some lettuce and a bit of cheese, then popped the sarnie back in the George to toast. Hmmm

charleypops Fri 04-Mar-05 21:33:12

Yes, definitely to both of those things Millie, I cook just about everything that can be grilled on my George - just turn the heat down for thicker things. I cut sausages down the middle.

Made some delicious bacon sarnies today for brekkie - did bacon, tomatoes and mushrooms in the George, put this between buttered bread with some lettuce and a bit of cheese, then popped the sarnie back in the George to toast. Hmmm

laneydaye Fri 04-Mar-05 22:11:38

The only thing i stopped cooking on it is bacon... makes a real mess of it(not sure why)
think its cos its a bit worn now, i use it every single day without fail...

charleypops Fri 04-Mar-05 22:34:47

I know what you mean about bacony mess! I find the best way to clean it is to heat it a bit so all the gunk's warm and melting, then wipe it clean with the soft side of a dishwashing sponge. Maybe give it a bit of scrape first with the scaper thing if necessary. Easy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now