Talk

Advanced search

Up to a week looms ahead with no oven! ... ideas?

(9 Posts)
Millie1 Fri 04-Mar-05 10:39:14

Oh heck ... I've already done a week without an oven (broken) and have just found out that it will probably be mid to end of next week before parts come in. Yikes! I've 2 really fussy eaters (3 and 15 mths) and a husband who eats about 2 hrs later than the rest of us cos he isn't home from work on time. Any stove-top ideas that I can rustle up w/out finding myself with about 6 pans to wash after dinner like I have done this week. BTW, have a George Foreman grill so can use that too but boys simply will not eat things like chicken unless in a sauce.

TIA.

Cod Fri 04-Mar-05 10:40:57

Message withdrawn

Cod Fri 04-Mar-05 10:41:21

Message withdrawn

WideWebWitch Fri 04-Mar-05 10:42:36

Pasta with veg cooked in the same water to save pans
Beans on toast
Cheese on toast
Veggie bolognase
Veggie burgers
Omelettes with stuff in
Mash
Peas and mash with fishfingers done in the toaster!
Wok stir fry type things
Soup
Falafel
fish

Blackduck Fri 04-Mar-05 10:43:26

Spag Bol - or pasta with any kind of sauce
Stir Fry
Sausages and Mash (take it the gill will do sausages?)
Risotto
Delia's Tuscan bean soup/stew?

Millie1 Fri 04-Mar-05 13:27:06

Thanks for some great ideas! Am off to do my grocery list now!

milward Fri 04-Mar-05 13:44:43

Made mashed potato, ratouile (from a tin!!) & fried egg last night. Clean plates from all. Meal quick to make & clean up. I hardly use oven to cook in the week. Make lots of pasta & veg. Rice & curry & soups.

tortoiseshell Fri 04-Mar-05 20:37:17

chicken tonight done on stove,

Millie1 Fri 04-Mar-05 20:39:37

More ideas ... thanks! Did Chicken tonight this week - will try a different flavour next and the ratoutille sounds a great idea Milward - thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now