Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

oh GOD oh PUKE i want to be siiiiiiick. have just found A FINGERNAIL in my loaf. AND IT'S FROM M&S!

(55 Posts)
Aitch Sat 11-Oct-08 11:20:24

...not just food. aye right.

was looking forward to a bit of toast, picked up a slice of bread and a big, yellow, torn fingernail fell out. BLEEE! i'm not squeamish but am seriously squicked.

phoned M&S and they said i've to take it back to the shop and i'll get a refund and they'll investigate.

poor dd is yelling for toast, can't really go into why she's not getting any. think we're going out for brunch now. hmm

lulumama Sat 11-Oct-08 11:21:57

aah, but it is not just any fingernail, it is an M&S fingernail grin

i would hope for more than a sodding refund!

Guadalupe Sat 11-Oct-08 11:22:18

EeEEEWWWW poor you!

PeaMcLean Sat 11-Oct-08 11:22:31

Oh

My

God!!!

Between this and Mamazon's dentist thread I think Halloween has started early on MN. that's gross!!!!!!

childrenofthecornsilk Sat 11-Oct-08 11:22:57

EEEEEEW and you a journalist - they should be throwing coupons at you for that one.

BCNS Sat 11-Oct-08 11:23:17

<boak> OMG I am retching for you!!!

BCNS Sat 11-Oct-08 11:23:19

<boak> OMG I am retching for you!!!

Guadalupe Sat 11-Oct-08 11:23:45

I don't know where that small e came from.

A nail? That's so grim, so many things, um, get under nails don't they.

needmorecoffee Sat 11-Oct-08 11:25:14

ewwwwwwwwwwww, thats put me right off bread. Am going to make my own!

Aitch Sat 11-Oct-08 11:25:44

i cannot tell you how revolted i am. wouldn't have thought i would be so freaked but it's seriously making me think about getting a bread machine.

i KNOW that production lines are staffed by humans, i know that a jolly baker with red cheeks and a winning smile isn't making my bread, but to think that someone tore off a big fingernail with their teeth and tossed it into my bread mix is just absolutely sickening. it must happen all the time... i don't even eat a lot of processed foods but this is making me think.

Guadalupe Sat 11-Oct-08 11:27:12

maybe ask for a bumper pack of Ovex in your compensation package

<runs away>

Guadalupe Sat 11-Oct-08 11:28:12

Sorry, that's not helping is it? A bread machine sounds good. I'm thinking of getting one, breads so bloody expensive now.

Aitch Sat 11-Oct-08 11:29:14

what's ovex guad? i'm afraid that's where your unhelpful comment fell flat... grin

i did have a bread machine, i gave it away, more's the pity.

shootfromthehip Sat 11-Oct-08 11:35:10

I can only thank god that I have not eaten today or I would be hurling all over the place. How hideous. Can you threaten to phone Watchdog? Oh that is the rankest thing I have ever heard. No amount of sexy, husky throated simpering is ever going to make that appetising. shock

Eewww gross.

Could've been worse though

At least it wasn't the whole finger

Guadalupe Sat 11-Oct-08 11:39:21

ovex

Sorry grin

Aitch Sat 11-Oct-08 11:39:45

<shudder>

must go now, dh complaining that he's hungry and wants to go out now. <retches>

NorthernLurker Sat 11-Oct-08 11:40:01

Could it just be a bit of plastic - or wheat that's been somehow weirdly roasted? <<<gropes for alternatives desperately>>

Aitch Sat 11-Oct-08 11:49:44

right am deffo off but will post a photo latr for doubter...

PsychoAxeMurdererMum Sat 11-Oct-08 11:51:19

ewww........I hope you are going to make damn sure you get a proper apology.

enjoy your brunch out......am assuming that you aree not eating at the M&S cafe!!wink

pointygravedogger Sat 11-Oct-08 11:57:49

Give dd a slice without fingernail.

kingprawntikka Sat 11-Oct-08 11:58:24

I found a snail shell in a Marks and Spencers curry, i took it to trading standards. Got a £20 voucher from M&S, which i thought was a bit rubbish.

CoffeeCrazedMama Sat 11-Oct-08 12:52:38

You've really made me glad I make my own - I was just starting to think it was too much!

shock at M&S!

littlelapin Sat 11-Oct-08 13:16:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DrNortherner Sat 11-Oct-08 13:19:53

Yuk. This is GRIM.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now