Talk

Advanced search

oh GOD oh PUKE i want to be siiiiiiick. have just found A FINGERNAIL in my loaf. AND IT'S FROM M&S!

(55 Posts)
Aitch Sat 11-Oct-08 11:20:24

...not just food. aye right.

was looking forward to a bit of toast, picked up a slice of bread and a big, yellow, torn fingernail fell out. BLEEE! i'm not squeamish but am seriously squicked.

phoned M&S and they said i've to take it back to the shop and i'll get a refund and they'll investigate.

poor dd is yelling for toast, can't really go into why she's not getting any. think we're going out for brunch now. hmm

lulumama Sat 11-Oct-08 11:21:57

aah, but it is not just any fingernail, it is an M&S fingernail grin

i would hope for more than a sodding refund!

Guadalupe Sat 11-Oct-08 11:22:18

EeEEEWWWW poor you!

PeaMcLean Sat 11-Oct-08 11:22:31

Oh

My

God!!!

Between this and Mamazon's dentist thread I think Halloween has started early on MN. that's gross!!!!!!

childrenofthecornsilk Sat 11-Oct-08 11:22:57

EEEEEEW and you a journalist - they should be throwing coupons at you for that one.

BCNS Sat 11-Oct-08 11:23:17

<boak> OMG I am retching for you!!!

BCNS Sat 11-Oct-08 11:23:19

<boak> OMG I am retching for you!!!

Guadalupe Sat 11-Oct-08 11:23:45

I don't know where that small e came from.

A nail? That's so grim, so many things, um, get under nails don't they.

needmorecoffee Sat 11-Oct-08 11:25:14

ewwwwwwwwwwww, thats put me right off bread. Am going to make my own!

Aitch Sat 11-Oct-08 11:25:44

i cannot tell you how revolted i am. wouldn't have thought i would be so freaked but it's seriously making me think about getting a bread machine.

i KNOW that production lines are staffed by humans, i know that a jolly baker with red cheeks and a winning smile isn't making my bread, but to think that someone tore off a big fingernail with their teeth and tossed it into my bread mix is just absolutely sickening. it must happen all the time... i don't even eat a lot of processed foods but this is making me think.

Guadalupe Sat 11-Oct-08 11:27:12

maybe ask for a bumper pack of Ovex in your compensation package

<runs away>

Guadalupe Sat 11-Oct-08 11:28:12

Sorry, that's not helping is it? A bread machine sounds good. I'm thinking of getting one, breads so bloody expensive now.

Aitch Sat 11-Oct-08 11:29:14

what's ovex guad? i'm afraid that's where your unhelpful comment fell flat... grin

i did have a bread machine, i gave it away, more's the pity.

shootfromthehip Sat 11-Oct-08 11:35:10

I can only thank god that I have not eaten today or I would be hurling all over the place. How hideous. Can you threaten to phone Watchdog? Oh that is the rankest thing I have ever heard. No amount of sexy, husky throated simpering is ever going to make that appetising. shock

DontlookatmeImscaaarrryyy Sat 11-Oct-08 11:37:22

Eewww gross.

Could've been worse though

At least it wasn't the whole finger

Guadalupe Sat 11-Oct-08 11:39:21

ovex

Sorry grin

Aitch Sat 11-Oct-08 11:39:45

<shudder>

must go now, dh complaining that he's hungry and wants to go out now. <retches>

NorthernLurker Sat 11-Oct-08 11:40:01

Could it just be a bit of plastic - or wheat that's been somehow weirdly roasted? <<<gropes for alternatives desperately>>

Aitch Sat 11-Oct-08 11:49:44

right am deffo off but will post a photo latr for doubter...

PsychoAxeMurdererMum Sat 11-Oct-08 11:51:19

ewww........I hope you are going to make damn sure you get a proper apology.

enjoy your brunch out......am assuming that you aree not eating at the M&S cafe!!wink

pointygravedogger Sat 11-Oct-08 11:57:49

Give dd a slice without fingernail.

kingprawntikka Sat 11-Oct-08 11:58:24

I found a snail shell in a Marks and Spencers curry, i took it to trading standards. Got a £20 voucher from M&S, which i thought was a bit rubbish.

CoffeeCrazedMama Sat 11-Oct-08 12:52:38

You've really made me glad I make my own - I was just starting to think it was too much!

shock at M&S!

littlelapin Sat 11-Oct-08 13:16:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DrNortherner Sat 11-Oct-08 13:19:53

Yuk. This is GRIM.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: