Talk

Advanced search

Apart from my xmas cakes which are now happily cooking away

(9 Posts)
lucysmam Fri 10-Oct-08 21:02:07

what else can I do with the ground mixed spice I purchased specifically for them?

It has a good date on it so will do cakes for another 2 years but still . . . it'll just sit there if I don't know what else it's good for

Cheers smile

expatinscotland Fri 10-Oct-08 21:03:57

i put it in banana loaf, mixed dried fruit muffins, parkin/spice cake, mincemeat, apple sauce/apple cobbler, etc.

Habbibu Fri 10-Oct-08 21:05:10

<hijack> expat - you know about cook-in-advance cakes - can you help out here please?

lucysmam Fri 10-Oct-08 21:06:15

oh, well in that case it'll not just sit in the cupboard after all. Thanks expat smile

expatinscotland Fri 10-Oct-08 21:08:47

nae bother, hab! done.

need to get off my erse and go and make these banana flapjacks.

CherryChapstick Fri 10-Oct-08 21:10:17

Christmas puddings.
Carrot cake.
Apple crumble.
Next years cakes.

lucysmam Fri 10-Oct-08 21:41:38

banana flapjacks . . . now I know a little girl who would love them! I'm guessing you mush up banana & add it to flapjack mixture?

never thought of using anything other than cinnamon in a crumble, will try that this week with the apples that I got today.

expatinscotland Sat 11-Oct-08 00:12:54

that's all you do. just mash two overripe bananas and add them to the mix. i only use 150g of butter when doing that because the bananas add extra moisture .

lucysmam Sat 11-Oct-08 10:06:14

brill, I'm going to make some for my lo this morning in that case

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: