Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

soup - best stock to use as my soups always taste the same.

(5 Posts)
pepsi Fri 10-Oct-08 13:05:30

Ive just entered the world of soup making, Ive made veg soup, butternut squash, leak & pot and today courgette and feta, they are all nice but cant help but notice the main taste in all is the stock. Im using the Marigold powdered veg one, have halved the about used to 2 spoons per litre rather than 4, should I just use 1 or is this what things are meant to taste like.

fishie Fri 10-Oct-08 13:06:55

are you just boiling it all up and liquidising? you need to fry it a bit first. and if it is really bland you need some salt.

pepsi Fri 10-Oct-08 13:14:09

No, Im frying up onion, then adding other veg, cooking for a bit , then adding stock and seasoning at the end. It taskted not but today for instance I couldnt tastke courgette, mind you Im not sure what I expected.

Tyme Fri 10-Oct-08 16:03:06

I don't use stock anymore. I actually don't understand why people bung it into everything when you get better results from a few herbs and spices. Dried ones are fine too.

Are you making your soup too watery? Its nicer a bit thick.

Bleedodgy Fri 10-Oct-08 16:05:37

I add a tin of batchelors mushy peas to my home made veg soup then blend. It makes it really nice honestly!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now