Talk

Advanced search

Making PIZZA with BREAD???

(11 Posts)
looneytune Wed 08-Oct-08 17:52:34

Hope someone can help fast. Ds would like pizza for dinner but I've got not bases and no time to make my own so I thought about doing them on using bread as I've heard people say they've done that.

Do you just put everything on the bread as you do on a base or do you toast it first? Also, how long do you cook for? I usually do on around 200 for 10 mins.

TIA

ilove Wed 08-Oct-08 17:53:31

I toast one side of the slice, spread the other with tom puree, topping and grated hceese then grill it...not in the oven

ilove Wed 08-Oct-08 17:53:56

cheese rather!

Kathyis6incheshigh Wed 08-Oct-08 17:54:45

Have you got self-raising flour? Make a scone-base pizza - make a dough with sr flour and a bit of milk and an egg if you've got one. Better than just using bread, I promise you.

looneytune Wed 08-Oct-08 17:54:55

You star, thanks for the quick reply, off to try that now

ilove Wed 08-Oct-08 18:03:47

I dunno which one you're trying, but hope it's tasty!

looneytune Wed 08-Oct-08 18:26:36

Kathy - cheers, will do next time, was one of those immediate things needed and really had no time for the other way tonight (plus my 3 month old was crying as not well so wanted to be even quicker).

ilove - ds said 'quick mummy, text the lady back (he thought it was on the phone wink) and tell her it's yum!' - so a big thanks from 5 yr old ds1

ilove Wed 08-Oct-08 18:45:00

Bless him! Tell him the lady (wooooo I'm a lady!) says he is welcome and she hopes he ate it all up!

looneytune Wed 08-Oct-08 19:24:47

Hehe, he did very well because he made me make 4 and he ate 2 of them. Daddy had half of one and the rest are in the fridge for his lunch tomorrow wink

Thanks again

DevilsAdvocaat Wed 08-Oct-08 19:30:43

french bread pizzas drools

looneytune Wed 08-Oct-08 19:34:23

Now that sounds worth buying a french stick especially for double drools grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now