Talk

Advanced search

Create a meal for 2 from one left over chicken breast.........

(8 Posts)
devonsmummy Wed 08-Oct-08 14:26:57

any suggestions?

DH AND ds have had chicken ,sweetcorn mayo sarnies for lunch so there's another chicken breast to use today.

TIA smile

dustystar Wed 08-Oct-08 14:27:52

You could make a chicken pasta dish.

Carmenere Wed 08-Oct-08 14:28:27

Shred it and toss it into lots of stir-fried vegetables or shred it and make fajitas with it.

Hassled Wed 08-Oct-08 14:29:23

Curry with an awful lot of sauce. You can also lob in any vegetables that are kicking around.

Kif Wed 08-Oct-08 14:30:02

make mushroom risotto and stir through some cooked chicken just before serving.

chicken enchladas (layer tortillas w/ tomato salsa chopped chicken/pepper/onion and grated cheese and bake

BlackPussyCat Wed 08-Oct-08 14:31:39

Chicken & Mushroom risotto?

Add some chopped onion and lots of mushrooms to bulk it out. Maybe stick in some tarragon/parsley at the end. 150g risotto rice would be enough for 2 I think

MrsGuyOfGisbourne Wed 08-Oct-08 14:31:40

Have just done that very thing! Is casseroling in the oven now with some onions and a carrot I found at the bottom of the fridge, and some tins that were out of date & I am slowly working thru..(tomatoes, chick peas, flageolet beans) am feeling so virtuous @ my thrift that I will buy myslef a bar of chocolate later grin

devonsmummy Wed 08-Oct-08 14:48:38

Chicken pasta I've done to death and DH would rather go without.

Risotto I love but always comes out sticky!

So it's gonna be chicken, courgette, onion and mushroom fajitas I think. I've half a jar of salsa in the fridge so job done.

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now