Advanced search


(6 Posts)
RambleOn Sun 05-Oct-08 22:01:15

Am trying to buy proper tablespoons - a spoon that can be used on the table for serving, for mixing etc, and for measuring in recipes.

I have a set of measuring spoons, and have recently realised that a heaped measuring spoon is not the same as a proper heaped tablespoon.

Have googled like mad, but most 'tablespoons' seem to be just randomly-sized serving spoons.

Anyone know where I could get some?

littlelapin Sun 05-Oct-08 22:04:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

RambleOn Sun 05-Oct-08 22:07:18

Good try grin

But I want about three that I can also use as serving spoons <fussy and demanding emoticon>

DraculaNeedsArteries Sun 05-Oct-08 22:08:00

Is a "heaped" tablespoon not just 3 level tablespoons (on teh measuring ones)?

KatyMac Sun 05-Oct-08 22:10:18

A rounded table spoon is about 25g or 1 oz

I bought mine from John Lewis (nice ones) & Tescos (ordinary ones)

RambleOn Sun 05-Oct-08 22:17:44

Aha - have just googled at john lewis and they have Laurence Llewelyn Bowen ones.

Must be used when wearing extravagent cuffs that dip in the food grin


Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: