Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Help me with a week's worth of recipes, because I am tired, feel a bit sick, am bored of all my ideas and need to do an online shop

(39 Posts)
Cappuccino Sun 05-Oct-08 20:23:59

I can't be fagged thinking what to have, I just want to go to bed and snivel

I wouldn't bloody do it but I shop for my mum as well and she has brought round an extensive list of stuff

so I need to do it now but can't think what to have

oh and they need to be quite low cal too since I am biffer atm

Habbibu Sun 05-Oct-08 20:28:39

veggie chilli - courgettes, mushrooms, peppers, onions, chillies, kidney beans, tinned tomatoes and tomato puree. Chop and sweat onions for a couple of mins, add chopped chilli (I use one, but adapt to own taste), add sliced peppers, cook for a couple of mins, then sliced mushrooms, and courgettes also sliced (I di it all length ways - finger length batons of courgettes and peppers). Add tin of kidney beans, drained, 2 tins of tomatoes, 1tbs tomato puree. stir well, bring to boil and cook for about 40 mins. Lovely with rice or in tortillas.

Habbibu Sun 05-Oct-08 20:28:56

Bring to boil then simmer, I meant!

controlfreakinfreaky Sun 05-Oct-08 20:30:22

1. pasta bake with tuna / tomato sauce / cheese and peas / salad

2. shepherds pie and broccoli / carrots

3. home made pizza and corn on the cob

4. noodles and stirfry veg (plus salmon if flush)

5. chili (mild) with rice

6. veg soup and pitta bread with hummous

7. roast and all trimmings (if flush)

hambo Sun 05-Oct-08 20:31:23

Fish pie:
potatoes butter, milk, haddock (smoked) maybe prawns, cheese

Make cheese sauce, pop in fish, cover in mashed pots, plop in oven for 40 mins med, check all cooked before serving

ShinyPinkShoes Sun 05-Oct-08 20:34:48

Chicken thighs
Packs of Chorizo
Rosemary
Red Onion
Cherry Tomatoes
Rice or salad

Lightly fry cliced red onion with chorizo before setting to one side. In same pan brown chicken.

Put chicken in dish coverw ith chorizo and sliced onion. Tuck rosemary around/in between bits of chicken. Bake for about 20 mins then tuck scored cherry tomatoes around outside and cook uncovered for a further 10-15 mins til chicken juices run clear.

Serve with rice or salad

T'is yummy!

WingsofaBat Sun 05-Oct-08 20:38:12

sausage casserole and mashed potato.

Sweet and Sour chicken with rice.

Chicken curry with rice .

Lasagne.

Cappuccino Sun 05-Oct-08 20:39:13

oh it is going so well so far thanks

dh will thank you for the chorizo shiny

Habbibu Sun 05-Oct-08 20:44:18

Pasta with pesto, mushrooms, courgette slices (made my peeling them off with a potato peeler), broccoli and spinach. Top with toasted pine nuts or sunflower seeds.

Cappuccino Sun 05-Oct-08 20:45:13

oooh!

Habbibu Sun 05-Oct-08 20:46:11

Similar to shiny - this is v nice. I sometimes put thinly sliced potatoes in the bottom of the dish.

Habbibu Sun 05-Oct-08 20:47:08

The pesto thing is our standby recipe, Capp. It's delicious and very green and vegetably.

Cappuccino Sun 05-Oct-08 20:49:06

oh I love this thread!

I was in a bookshop today and had to pull myself away from a gorgeous cookbook - I went in to buy a book for work, and can't afford frippery cookbooks

and I came home and started feeling ill and htinking oh, my cookbook, I miss it so

and you have quite cheered me up with your receeps

Habbibu Sun 05-Oct-08 20:50:19

Which cookbook, Capp?

Cappuccino Sun 05-Oct-08 20:53:36

this

it looks really worthy but was actually lovely; maybe it was more the typesetting than the recipes tho <tries to convince self>

ShinyPinkShoes Sun 05-Oct-08 20:55:15

The chorizo-red onion-tomato-rosemary combination is so fab whetever else you put with it! In the dish I suggested below its great as it creates delicious juices which run into the chicken!

Hope you like it

Habbibu Sun 05-Oct-08 20:55:25

Thai fish cakes - rainbow trout, limes, lime leaves, lemongrass, chillies, thai fish sauce, ginger, shallots, fresh coriander. Put lime zest, (deseeded) chillies, chopped lemongrass and shallots, grated ginger and roughly chopped coriander in a blender until fairly well blended. Add lime juice and about 1tbs fish sauce. Set aside. Skin and bone fish fillets, then cut into chunks and pulse in blender until roughly chopped. Mix fish and "sauce" together well, form into little cakes and chill in fridge for half and hour (a little flour helps, but not too much). Shallow fry in veg oil for a couple of mins each side. Serve with rice cooked in coconut milk, wedges of lime and stir-fried green veg.

Habbibu Sun 05-Oct-08 20:56:35

Apologies for lack of paragraphs. dd has removed return key from laptop.

Scootergrrrl Sun 05-Oct-08 21:06:45

Home-made fajitas - chunks of chicken breast, courgette and diced onion, seasoned with mix of garlic, cumin, paprika and chilli and roasted in the oven for half an hour or so. Serve with tortillas, sour cream, salsa etc.

Bridie3 Sun 05-Oct-08 21:20:19

this sounds wonderful, Habbibu.

alittleteapot Sun 05-Oct-08 21:29:23

i've just started using Nigel Slater's 30-minute cook for similar reasons i.e. my brain is dead in culinary terms. anyway, it's a great book and allows you to pretend to be creative in the kitchen again, but actually you're just throwing a few things together . his sausage and bean hot pot is fab - fry sausages, cover with passata mixed with tins of butter beans and flagolet or haricot beans, some mustard, harissa paste or chopped chillies, put in the oven for 20 mins and bingo. i served it with savoy cabbage. delicious!

Habbibu Sun 05-Oct-08 21:31:32

Roasted root veg and couscous...

policywonk Sun 05-Oct-08 21:35:41

<drools over thread>

alittleteapot Sun 05-Oct-08 21:38:51

minestrone soup:

sweat chopped onions, celery and carrots till beginning to soften

add chopped bacon

add tins of tomatoes plus any veg you fancy (shredded cabbage, green beans, etc), tin of chickpeas and when it's nearly cooked some macaroni or broken up spaghetti.

nice with fresh herbs or dried, and a bit of stock if you have/fancy.

easy to improvise around and to use up veg that's on the turn.

grate lots of cheese, or spoon on yogurt for final touch when serving.

Habbibu Sun 05-Oct-08 21:40:38

<wipes up thread, hands pw a tissue with a stern look>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now