Talk

Advanced search

packed lunch bag mess!

(21 Posts)
stufftodo Fri 03-Oct-08 16:43:40

Message withdrawn

Tamarto Fri 03-Oct-08 16:45:11

I stick the insulated ones in the washing machine, they come up a treat.

Cadbury Fri 03-Oct-08 16:50:57

We have the same problem. I have resorted to actual boxes which are far easier to clean. Less of a range in them though.

Tommy Fri 03-Oct-08 16:53:21

we have those cube boxes with different sections in them. They go in the insulated lunch bag thingys which go in the washing machine every holiday!

stufftodo Fri 03-Oct-08 16:54:14

Message withdrawn

SaintGeorge Fri 03-Oct-08 16:54:20

Supply a plastic bag (freezer bag will do) and train DS to put all his rubbish in that before putting in the lunchbag.

yomellamoHelly Fri 03-Oct-08 16:56:59

At dss school they're training them to put their rubbish in the bin before they leave the hall. Do you think you could get your class rep to raise the issue with the lunchtime supervisors. I'm sure they'd only have to keep an eye on the reception kids until they get the hang of it.
Otherwise I'd pop the bag in the dishwasher.

SaintGeorge Fri 03-Oct-08 17:02:59

If it is anything like our school, reception children have to take their rubbish home.

It is the only way their parents know what they have actually eaten.

LynetteScavo Fri 03-Oct-08 17:06:08

Go for a hard lunch box. I got so fed up of throwing away gross rancid yougurt ones I bought DS a Concentrate one (I think - I try to find a link)

LynetteScavo Fri 03-Oct-08 17:08:55

www.concentrate.org.uk/index.php?page=2

4 weeks into the terma and it's still good as new smile

stufftodo Fri 03-Oct-08 17:17:56

Message withdrawn

curlywurlycremeegg Fri 03-Oct-08 17:19:45

Oh I liked the Concentrate bloke on Dragon's Den, he was a bit mad

ivykaty44 Fri 03-Oct-08 17:29:45

lunch boxes

Lmccrean Fri 03-Oct-08 17:29:51

Kids in dds school must take everything back home with them so that parents know what they ate/didnt eat. She does have a soft lunchbag, but I have one of those lock and lock kinda tubs that she puts her rubbish in, and a napkin that she wraps the spoon in.

I do spray with dettol once a week, or more often if theres a yogurt leakage.

stufftodo Fri 03-Oct-08 17:43:15

Message withdrawn

SaintGeorge Fri 03-Oct-08 17:44:18

Because often the reason parents send packed lunches in the first place is so they can be sure their child is eating.

ChasingSquirrels Fri 03-Oct-08 17:49:01

ds1 has a hard lunch box, but that's because I don't like the fabric ones. As a consequence it is very easy to clean.
I also got ds1 to clear his lunch box after school from the day he started staying for lunch - uneaten bits and paper wrappings in compost, other bits in bin, box left on side to wash.
He has a tupperware tub into which goes his sandwiches, yougurt and a cake or similar. A drink and piece of fruit are loose in the box.
I kept telling him to put all the bits in the tupperware box and seal it, he kept complaining about the mess - it didn't take long for him to realise that containing the mess meant less work for him at the end of the day.
If I had been sorting his lunchbox I don't think he would be putting everything in the tupperware box.

stufftodo Fri 03-Oct-08 17:52:58

Message withdrawn

MrsWeasley Fri 03-Oct-08 17:53:29

I would encourage him to put the rubbish in his sandwich bag or put it all in the bin at school if he is allowed. I know some schools like all rubbish to go home so that parents can monitor how much there child has eaten/left etc.

SaintGeorge Fri 03-Oct-08 17:54:31

There is that small point too - some schools do have to allow for waste disposal in their budgets.

smile

stufftodo Fri 03-Oct-08 18:02:15

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now