Talk

Advanced search

please can anyone recommend a fairly easy cake/biscuit recipe using these ingredients?

(15 Posts)
mckenzie Thu 02-Oct-08 20:17:50

in my cupboard I have (amongst other things) chocolate, marshmallows, walnuts, rice crispies, cornflakes, porridge oats, butter, golden syrup, raisins.

I must be able to make something out of that little lot mustn't I? I have my fall back chocolate chip oat cookies but fancied something different for a change.

TIA

oopsacoconut Thu 02-Oct-08 20:20:12

Flapjacks? with raisins and or choc

Cornflake cakes made with chocand golden syrup.
MArshmallow ricecrispie squares

Megglevache Thu 02-Oct-08 20:20:15

Rocky road?

pinkspottywellies Thu 02-Oct-08 20:22:47

Chocolate refrigerator cake. 4 oz butter, desert spoon of cocoa (oh it doesn't say you have that - have you?), dsp brown sugar, tbsp golden syrup. Melt together. Add other stuff [vague] (I usually use digestive biscuits but from your list I'd try marshmallows, nuts, raisins, lots of rice crispies) and stir until all coated. Press into tin (lined with cling film to save on washing up), cover with melted choc and put in fridge until set.

Please can I have the choc chip oat cookie recipe smile

mckenzie Thu 02-Oct-08 20:23:17

thanks guys but do you have any recipes as the few books I've got have let me down in this instance. I'm not an accomplished enough cook to just wing it and make it up as I go along so wpould need to know how much of each item.

mckenzie Thu 02-Oct-08 20:23:51

typed my reply before your message PSW [chat]

Megglevache Thu 02-Oct-08 20:25:26

Have you any old busicuits lying around.

AFAIK

Rocky road is choccy/syrupy/butter/marshmallows/dried fruit(cherries or raisins)

hmmmmmm

oopsacoconut Thu 02-Oct-08 20:33:19

Marshmallow Krispie cakes

1 tbsp vegetable oil
2 tbsp salted butter
200 g marshmallows
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 pint jug rice krispies
Method
Oil a 23 cm square cake pan. Melt the oil and butter together over a low heat. Add the marshmallows and stir continuously until they are completely melted. Add the vanilla extract and the rice krispies, stirring until well coated. Press the mixture into the pan and allow to set for about half an hour. They are then ready to eat - cut into squares and enjoy!

Cornflake cakes

50g butter
4 tbsp golden syrup
100g chocolate
75g cornflakes

Gently melt the chocolate, syrup and butter in a pan
Stir in the cornflakes and then place large spoonfuls onto a buttered baking sheet and leave to set in the fridge

oopsacoconut Thu 02-Oct-08 20:35:17

Flapjacks

3 oz sugar
3 oz syrup
4 oz butter
2 ozRaisins if you want

Melt together, add 8 oz oats. Bake 20 mins.

MrsBadger Thu 02-Oct-08 20:47:37

if you have flour too you can make the easy emergency biscuits

mckenzie Thu 02-Oct-08 20:55:53

thanks all. I'm off to get mixing!

mckenzie Thu 02-Oct-08 21:39:41

pinkspottywellies, here is the recipe for the oat cookies. This is the original recipe

115g/4oz unsalted butter
115g/4oz light brown suger
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla essence/extract
150g/5oz self raising flour
75g/3oz rolled oats
115g/4oz plain chocolate
115g/4 oz white chocolate

I have tweaked it to suit our taste buds and my desire to get oats into DS when he wouldn't eat porridge so I use just 60g brown sugar, about 100g self raising flour and 125g rolled oats. i also have used milk chocolate and various splits of milk/white and dark and the reults have always been okay.

oven to 190/375/5.
Using wooden spoon beat the butter with the sugar until pale and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla essence and beat well.
Sift in flour and fold in lightly with metal spoon, add oats and chopped chocolate and stir untill evenly mixed.
Place small spoonfuls in rocky heaps (18-20) on baking sheets (greased) leaving space for them to spread.
Bake for 15-20 mins (I usually end up doing at leat 20) Allow to cool for few minutes before lifting off to wire racks.

Enjoy!

mckenzie Thu 02-Oct-08 21:40:11

byw, I often use the Cadbury bags of chocolate chips rather than chopping my own bars. Works just fine.

pinkspottywellies Thu 02-Oct-08 21:53:22

Thanks Mckenzie! Hope yours went well smile

mckenzie Thu 02-Oct-08 22:01:19

DH and I have just had a chocolate marshmallow crispie cake each - very tasty. I made the cornflake one too but with Shreddies as the cornflakes that I thought i had were actually honey nut cornflakes and I decided that to use those would be just too much! Will have to wait until tomorrow to try those out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now