Talk

Advanced search

Piece of piss but tasty as hell (on request)

(10 Posts)
TheDevilWearsPrimark Thu 02-Oct-08 15:00:09

grin

Olive and Halloumi pasta bake -

Par boil any pasta shape (I like twisty) Fry off aubergine, onion and a yellow pepper. Mix together with a jar of passata and one of chopped tomatoes (or halved cherry toms) Add green and black olives hopped into rings, back pepper, oregano and optionally cayenne pepper. Put in baking dish and cook for 15minutes, then cover with slices of halloumi and bake for 10 minutes more.

Carbonara -

penne on to boil, fry off chunky courgettes, onions and pancetta cubes, then mix two egg yolks, a pot of single cream and grated parmesan in bowl. Chuck everything together in the pasta pan and stir stir stir(this will 'cook' the eggs), season with fresh thyme and black pepper.

Another gem is frozen puff pastry sheets, thaw them out and fill with tapenade and roast veg, spinach and ricotta , anything you like really. It can be all be ready o put together and just bung in the oven, lovely with a big salad.

More to follow...

Jennyisjustknackered Thu 02-Oct-08 15:01:53

Thanks DWP - they both sound lovely. Will report back when I have tried them.

lucysmam Thu 02-Oct-08 15:42:25

what's halloumi? <thick when it comes to food sometimes>

Jennyisjustknackered Thu 02-Oct-08 15:48:55

Isn't it soft salty cheese?

lulumama Thu 02-Oct-08 15:50:18

gorgeous !! can i add dead easy recipe too?

halloumi is gorgeous, slightly squeaky textured firm cheese, great griddled with courgettes

lucysmam Thu 02-Oct-08 15:53:34

ooh, I love cheese

Jennyisjustknackered Thu 02-Oct-08 16:09:46

Where's your dead easy recipe lulu?

snigger Thu 02-Oct-08 16:22:49

I'm going to try the halloumi one grin

My "I'm buggered if I'm cooking for real, but I can't leave the house for take-out in this state" dinner is puff pastry, cut into squares, slice of goats cheese, dollop of red pesto or some chopped spring or red onions, fold pastry round, bake, and eat with boiled baby spuds and salad/peas/etc.

I can't remember if I nicked it off someone on here, or whether it's a Jamie Oliver speedy lunch one, whatever, it feels like proper pie, and takes less preparation than toast grin

Megglevache Thu 02-Oct-08 16:30:17

Yum. All for pieace of piss cookery.

lulumama Thu 02-Oct-08 16:52:31

two things:

red pepper and tomato soup , recipe from aother MNer

roast 4 -5 large red peppers, which have been drizzled with olive oil , until the edges start to blacken

then blend them down with 3 cloves of garlic and add 3 tins chopped tomatos, and keep blending

et voila !!

then i do a tomato based sauce for pasta:

fry minced garlic in olive oil, then add some chunks of white fish and chilli, cook for a minute or two then adda tin of chopped tomatos and a handful of prawns.. simmer for five minutes then serve over linguine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now