Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Do I win most strange tea given to my children and actually, nutritionally is it that bad? (they have had roast dinner at school)

(19 Posts)
ImnotMamaGbutsheLovesMe Wed 01-Oct-08 16:13:28

Tea

Corn on the Cob
Prawns
Garlic Bread
Noodles
Bread and Butter
Milk
Water

Pudding

Apple and fig cake
Rice pudding

Guess who still can't get to grips with meal plans?

wasabipeanut Wed 01-Oct-08 16:15:14

Lol.

I thought I did well yesterday with pasta with a sort of veg sauce, then toast with one half spread with hummus and one half with choc spread!!

nothot Wed 01-Oct-08 16:16:29

Heavy on the carbs but all food groups covered. That's all I can hope for on a good day.

ComeOVeneer Wed 01-Oct-08 16:17:27

Why garlic bread and bread and butter and noodles? Bit of a carb overload.

AnAngelWithin Wed 01-Oct-08 16:18:17

odd but fine!! they are fed thats the main thing!! mine had a sausage roll and buttered pasta the other day for tea!! (it was the last day before pay day though to be fair!!)

SpandexIsMyEnemy Wed 01-Oct-08 16:18:54

odd ball of things but hey ho!

eekamoose Wed 01-Oct-08 16:22:46

Is this what they had today? Its only just gone 4 o'clock.

I think the oddest thing about it is the time of day, rather than the content, tbh (although I probably wouldn't have bothered with bread and butter as well as the garlic bread and noodles!)

ImnotMamaGbutsheLovesMe Wed 01-Oct-08 16:27:42

Didn't do the bread and butter as once I had servd up there was enough food already.

Kids just starting tea now and all happy. grin

ImnotMamaGbutsheLovesMe Wed 01-Oct-08 16:28:39

And in my defence, they normally eat a lot better! Yesterday was lamb, mushrooms and tomatoes done in the slow cooker with mash and 3 different veg.

SpandexIsMyEnemy Wed 01-Oct-08 16:38:15

don't worry this here is 'ifits' dinners!

ImnotMamaGbutsheLovesMe Wed 01-Oct-08 16:59:44

I actually feel quite upset that I can't get a handle on this. I can't afford to buy fish and meat for every day of the week, and don't think it is necessary either, but DD won't eat pasta or noodles, and I run out of ideas. I like to think DH earns okay money but with the price of everything going up it is hard to feed 5 of us at the moment.

castille Wed 01-Oct-08 17:03:04

I do meals like this when DH is not at home, kids love "leftover surprise"[grin

Explain this tea at 4.30 thing though - is that their last meal of the day? Nothing til breakfast?

noddyholder Wed 01-Oct-08 17:04:00

I do this when i have stuff to use up dp eats it too He calls it the monkeys tea party!grin

TheDevilWearsPrimark Wed 01-Oct-08 17:18:12

Mine are having falafels. Takeaway falafels I bought at 3am (I bought three more as the one I'd just had was so bloody good, wine was involved)

With a takeaway salad box. Lazy, nah?

ImnotMamaGbutsheLovesMe Wed 01-Oct-08 17:29:47

I don't understand the problem with them having their tea at 4.30pm. They have tea between 4-5pm depending on what they are having and how long it takes me to make it. Very rarely they have milk/toast before bath time but they don't need anything else. They eat loads for tea.

castille Wed 01-Oct-08 17:43:01

Not a problem at allgrin just wondered if early eating means they need a late snack or not.

It's not something I've ever done - French DH means we have always eaten (too) late, French-stylee.

ImnotMamaGbutsheLovesMe Wed 01-Oct-08 17:46:42

Mine are hungry all the time and if they had to wait until Dh was home, well, they just wouldn't!

compo Wed 01-Oct-08 17:52:15

mine have tea btw 4.30pm - 5pm
never have a problem with being hungry
they go to bed at 7pm so dinner at 6pm would mean a bath on a full stomach

SammyK Wed 01-Oct-08 17:55:20

We have 'if its' tea sometimes too.

Kids eat here between 4 and 5 too. Me and DP used to eat with the kids but now I have a baby and 2 three year olds here for tea (I childmind), we wait and eat at 6 in peace. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now