Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Italian deli in Glasgow?

(10 Posts)
toddlerhip Wed 01-Oct-08 15:30:28

Anyone know where i'll find one - West End / Byers road would be ideal.

StormInanEcup Wed 01-Oct-08 21:30:28

Message withdrawn

peachsmuggler Wed 01-Oct-08 21:53:56

Depends on what you are after. They have some stuff (oils,pasta, biscotti) in Little Italy, the pizza place on Byres road. Oh, and yummy pizzas!

Think Fazzi Brothers on Cambridge Street might do deli stuff too.

MrsMuddle Wed 01-Oct-08 22:37:54

Heart Buchanan at the top of Byres Rd isn't an Italian deli, but it is a very good deli and probably has - or can order - whatever it is you're looking for. What are you looking for, BTW? wink

nicky111 Thu 02-Oct-08 12:59:12

peckhams, byres road; la cucina, gt western rd; sonny and vito, park road.

StormInanEcup Thu 02-Oct-08 19:25:54

Message withdrawn

toddlerhip Fri 03-Oct-08 17:13:38

Fantastic, thanks all. Apart from a general browse, i would be thrilled if i could find sth called "mostarda di cremona" which i think is preserved fruits with some kind of mustardy flavouring. It's for a pumpkin ravioli recipe.

toddlerhip Fri 03-Oct-08 19:50:17

BTW, anyone recommend taking a buggy on the metro system? We are arriving at Queen street station. I am pg and don't much fancy stairs.

notthebubblyseaweed Fri 03-Oct-08 20:07:24

Not a LOT of stairs anywhere on the Glasgow subway tho no lifts.

If you are travelling with someone else then you could both lift buggy up short sets of stairs. More in Queen st than Hillhead but still not Covent Garden standard.

You'll probably find people will be nice and help you out.

toddlerhip Sat 04-Oct-08 20:53:18

Well, after phoning lots of Italian delis in Glasgow, including a v recommended one called Celino on Alexandra Parade i eventually found it at Valvona and Crolla in Edinburgh!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now