Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Freezing meatballs - quick question

(10 Posts)
Mammina Wed 01-Oct-08 14:26:24

I am in the middle of making meatballs for the first time (I am vegetarian!), and am making more than DD & DH will eat for dinner, so need to freeze some. Do I freeze them as they are, or freeze them once I've put flour of them, or cook them and then freeze them?

thanks for your help

BecauseImWorthIt Wed 01-Oct-08 14:27:36

As long as the meat hasn't already been cooked, I'd freeze them now. Just remember to defrost them thoroughly before you cook them.

Having said that, if you cook them there is no reason why you couldn't freeze any that are left over.

girlandboy Wed 01-Oct-08 14:27:40

I completely finish making mine (same with burgers) and then freeze them raw.

suzywong Wed 01-Oct-08 14:28:00

put the flour on them
set them out in a single layer on a dinner plate
put in freezer
one hour later pull them off the plate and put them in a plastic freezer bag and back in the freezer
have a couple yourself, you probably need the iron

Mammina Wed 01-Oct-08 14:31:22

LOL suzywong you're right, I am a bit anaemic! Think I'll stick to spinach though.
thanks for all your replies, all 3 of you say different things..! Think I will freeze them without cooking as I can't be arsed to cook them now & again later.

Mammina Wed 01-Oct-08 14:53:36

done, they actually look quite cute covered in flour!

suzywong Wed 01-Oct-08 15:59:50

do watch your iron levels
I was a veggie for 14 years and it left me seriously depleted to the extent that even after eating meat for 7 years my levels are still borderline

You may be a nutriiontist in RL and I'm teaching you to suck eggs but make sure you are eating a lot of pulses, dark chocolate, dried peaches and curries because the spices in curry powder contain a lot of iron. And always take a fomr of vit C with your meals.

Meat
It's what your canine teeth are for

combustiblelemon Wed 01-Oct-08 16:07:41

Don't mince your words Suzywong wink

Mammina Wed 01-Oct-08 16:31:55

dark chocolate grin

didn't know about the spices though..

Mammina Wed 01-Oct-08 17:58:49

why do I f'ing bother, she refused to eat them after all that! grrrrrrr

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now