Talk

Advanced search

when do you make packed lunches?

(20 Posts)
maisystar Mon 28-Feb-05 20:22:32

sorry, extremely boring question

i make ds's at night but everyone else i know does them in the morning cos they will be fresher!?

is this right?

Enid Mon 28-Feb-05 20:30:04

depends whats going in the sandwich - tomorrow dd is having tuna mayo so will make in the am. If she has peanut butter I will make it up the night before and wrap tightly in foil in fridge then it goes in a sandwich bag. My friend freezes cheese sandwiches on Sunday, gets one out per evening and its defrosted by morning time.

I cut carrot sticks up and put them in tupperware tubs the night before too.

Frizbe Mon 28-Feb-05 20:31:13

nah I do them the night before, as far to sleepy in the mornings!

jampots Mon 28-Feb-05 20:31:22

in the morning

Potty1 Mon 28-Feb-05 20:33:14

I do mine the night before - well dh does

Cod Mon 28-Feb-05 20:33:39

Message withdrawn

piffle Mon 28-Feb-05 20:33:56

I do my ds's in the morning
I make plans for DH's the night before.

SeaShells Mon 28-Feb-05 20:34:11

About 2 mins before we leave the house each morning!

WideWebWitch Mon 28-Feb-05 20:35:38

We used to do it the night before and as we got more disorganised now do it in the morning, nothing to do with freshness though. It only takes 2 mins but that's just for ds. When it was 3 of us with different fillings, then it was a PITA and had to be done night before and we took it in turns AND argued about whose turn it was, because it was such a hated task.

Gobbledigook Mon 28-Feb-05 20:42:34

Night before, always, it's saves so much hassle in the morning which is a nightmare as it is getting 3 kids fed and dressed - will be much easier when they can feed themselves....won't it?!?!

coldtea Mon 28-Feb-05 20:49:19

I'm a night time person too. Like others have said i don't have time in the morning , which reminds me the bread has probably defrosted now so must go & do them..........!!

maisystar Mon 28-Feb-05 20:55:37

cheers

will do them tonight and use the extra 5 mins in the morning for another coffee

JanH Mon 28-Feb-05 21:15:32

I do DS2's in the morning - it only takes 2 minutes and I don't like putting bread in the fridge.

paolosgirl Mon 28-Feb-05 21:17:55

The night before. We are always running late in the morning, regardless of what time we get up, so it's one less thing for me to stress about.

Tiggiwinkle Mon 28-Feb-05 21:19:51

I do 4 packed lunches every morning-3 for youngest DSs and 1 for DH. All have different things and I hate doing it!

frogs Mon 28-Feb-05 21:22:25

I win the crappest mum award -- I do a job lot of sarnies on Sunday afternoon and freeze them. Take them out at breakfast time, and they're pleasantly cool by lunchtime. Almost any sandwich filling will freeze well -- cheese, cream cheese, pnut butter, humous, tuna, chicken etc. You can't put salady stuff in them, though -- that has to go in the lunchbox as a side order.

galaxy Mon 28-Feb-05 21:23:22

I don't- ds makes his own and puts it in the fridge overnight

Tommy Mon 28-Feb-05 21:24:39

DH does his in the evening - after the washing up

Maudy Mon 28-Feb-05 21:37:32

I wish I was organised enough to do it the night before as it does make life easier but invariably its a mornign job. I get a roll out of the freezer the night before but thats about it.

Juliehafrancis Mon 28-Feb-05 21:50:27

Always do mine in the morning while Dd is having her breakfast. My mother always gave me sandwiches that were in the fridge and I hated them! I am a bit of a fusspot ;)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now