Talk

Advanced search

FOOD IDEAS PLEASE

(13 Posts)
clairebear2502 Mon 28-Feb-05 11:39:29

hi does anyone have any quick and simple food ideas. i seem to be stuck in a rut of doing roughly same things each week, either: shepherds pie, sausage casserole, spaghetti bolognese, roast chicken, pasta, hot pots etc. its just me and my man but i only tend to eat: mince, chicken, turkey and just recently sausages so the meat is a bit limited, although he likes all meat so would maybe like to do something diferent for him.
we both work full time so any recipes that dont take too long would be appreciated. also any veg can be included because we love them. just wondered if anyone had some fabulous creations or ideas.
thanks

vict17 Mon 28-Feb-05 11:45:26

what about tuna and pasta. Just throw a tin of tuna, sweetcorn or any other veggies you feel like into a pan of cooked pasta and then add a couple of dollops of mayo - yummy!

clairebear2502 Mon 28-Feb-05 11:47:42

i suppose i could do that for the bloke but i dont eat any fish at all.im a bit of a fussy so and so but im quite happy with a plate of veg so maybe i could do the tuna thing for him one night.

Beansmum Mon 28-Feb-05 11:47:48

chicken breasts with or without skin, put them in a roasting dish, add a jar of sundried tomatoes or roasted peppers and cook for 30mins. serve with crusty bread and green salad. so easy.

clairebear2502 Mon 28-Feb-05 11:48:34

sounds yummy.def give it a go

sweetheart Mon 28-Feb-05 11:53:03

chicken breasts with sauce made from:-

chicken stock
cream
lemon juice
grapes
sprinkle of rosemary

Serve with rice or potatoes and veg

Totally yummy

skerriesmum Mon 28-Feb-05 11:55:30

Chinese-y stuff is fun, try fried rice (veg, egg, leftover chicken, garlic, ginger, add rice at the end, sprinkle with soy sauce and sesame oil.) Yum!

jackeroo Mon 28-Feb-05 12:06:26

don't know if you like fish but one of my fave easy meals is smoked mackerel rice. just cook the rice first (can leave it in the fridge)then stir fry some veg eg asparagus, onion, courgettes, mushrooms or whatever in some oil. add chili, ginger and coriander if you like.. then break up some smoked mackerel and mix the rice in with the veg, and add some soy sauce. also works with tuna or chicken... it's very yummy.

gingerbear Mon 28-Feb-05 12:13:16

Jamie Oliver does lovely recipes for chicken and veg in a tinfoil parcel. I do my own variation with different veg, sesame oil, balsamic vinegar or lemon juice:

Chicken parcels

Beansmum Mon 28-Feb-05 12:16:58

another one I like is couscous made with stock instead of water, mixed with diced oranges and red peppers and a bit of mint and served with slices of chicken which have been coated with thai curry paste and then fried.

clairebear2502 Mon 28-Feb-05 12:25:23

i usually look on uk food webiste and havent seen that one before.sounds quite yummy. does anyone have any suggestions for mince? i usually end up doing either shepherds pie, spag bol, mince/baked bean hot pot
or sausages: casserole.
must be loads that im missing out on
also bloke has just text me to say he has bought a steamer and slow cooker so any ideas for that? thanks

Blu Mon 28-Feb-05 12:26:36

Stir-fry? Chop thin onions carrots, baby sweetcorn (or use tinned or frozen), courgettes, anything you fancy really, thin cut strips of chicken or beef, ad soy, wine venegar (small amount) a dash of honey, some ginger - fresh or powdered or from a tube - and serve with thise sharwoods noodles that just need a couple of minutes in hot water.

Those packets of ready-made italian risotto with the sausages. the mushroom risotto is v nice. The boxes are near the rice etc in sainsbury's.

jackeroo Mon 28-Feb-05 12:31:09

chile con carne is a mince favourite and very easy...you can serve it with flour wraps, grated cheese, sour cream and guacamole, to make fajita type rolls...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: