Talk

Advanced search

Any ideas for toddler lunch?

(4 Posts)
jennymac Fri 26-Sep-08 08:57:29

My 2 year old goes to a childminder each day and I pack her lunch the night before but am running out of ideas for what to give her. She gets her dinner at night so it is generally something light for lunch. Any suggestions?

mrspnut Fri 26-Sep-08 09:00:56

I make my 2 year old sandwiches most days for lunch. Cheese spread or chicken are favourites and I use biscuit cutters to make them into shapes.

She also has little sausages and grapes or cucumber sticks.

Toddlers like repetition so you could give her the same lunch every day and she wouldn't mind.

DanJARMouse Fri 26-Sep-08 09:02:33

We usually give sandwich and fruit and lunchtime. Occasionally cheese toasties or spaghetti on toast, but my 3 have always been happy with a good variety of fruit (melon, grapes, orange, apple, banana, mango) and 1 slice of bread with a choice of Ham, Cheese, Marmite, Chocolate spread, jam or plain butter.

Not a scrap left and no boredom!

missblythe Fri 26-Sep-08 14:25:22

Does she like hummous? DD is same age as yours, and a little bowl of hummous with some pitta cut into strips and carrot sticks is her idea of a dream tea-and lazy mummy's idea of a dream tea too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now