Talk

Advanced search

OK, have any of you, ever, paid £6.58 for 600g of mixed red and white grapes in M&S - that's the large square pre-packed box?

(17 Posts)
SorenLorensen Thu 25-Sep-08 14:28:05

I posted on the M&S milk is rubbish thread yesterday about this but I am so incensed I think it deserves a thread of its own. I bought a box of red and white seedless grapes in M&S yesterday - I buy them a lot - square plastic box, red and white grapes. I think they are usually just over £3 a box.

The box was marked "Half Price" with a sticker (but no price on the box, as is M&S's wont). When I got home I looked at the receipt and I had been charged £3.29. The sods, I though - they have not taken 50% off.

So I went back today to complain. But apparently - that is half price shock Now there is no way I have ever paid over £6 for 600g of grapes - and I said so. Woman said sorry, but that is the current price.

So it sounds to me like they have doubled the price, in order to have a "half price offer" which reduces them to the price you would normally pay.

Am angry

FioFio Thu 25-Sep-08 14:29:42

Message withdrawn

GetOrfMoiLand Thu 25-Sep-08 14:30:00

I picked up a punnet of (posh) cherries a couple of weeks ago, threw it back on the shelf when I realised they were £5.29 a punnet. Cherries fgs.

They are a disgrace.

zippitippitoes Thu 25-Sep-08 14:30:46

it must be in some of our stores between cetrtain dates we charged the higher price bollox

i think marks prices are outrageous

the only stuff i have bought there is that dinner for two offer and even that is a fair price rather than a bargain compared with what yopu get elsewhere

IllegallyBrunette Thu 25-Sep-08 14:31:24

LOL @ 'you are just too posh'

Agree with Fio though, would never spend £3 on grapes either.

SorenLorensen Thu 25-Sep-08 14:31:39

We don't have a Co-op - if I had a Co-op I'd shop in it (I'm only pretending to be posh, Fio - you know that wink)

Rubyrubyruby Thu 25-Sep-08 14:32:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Dropdeadfred Thu 25-Sep-08 14:32:49

I went to the farm shop a few months back and picked up a bag of grapes, didn't bother weighing them...

Got to checkout, with a few other things, and was a little hmm at the total ..paid anyway and got back into car outside...looked at receipt and the grapes were £7.58....shock but at least I have bought locally I thought....got home and checked the bag - they were from Israel!!!! shock angry

Oliveoil Thu 25-Sep-08 14:32:52

I got a peach there once and was charged 75p

A PEACH

I thought my lunch was expensive so I huffed to the Customer Service and said you have overcharged me

THEY HADN'T!

I guffawed and said who buys peaches for 75p EACH hahahahahahaha

"plenty do madam" she huffed

FioFio Thu 25-Sep-08 14:33:08

Message withdrawn

Nemoandthefishes Thu 25-Sep-08 14:33:36

we had this with cherries in sainsburys..lovely woman on till told me they were £6 before she put them through..cherries FGSshockhmm

SorenLorensen Thu 25-Sep-08 14:34:08

Nope - have a Tesco (I hate Tesco - I do shop there, but I hate it) and an Aldi. And a Sainsbury's - but that's a bit far.

FioFio Thu 25-Sep-08 14:34:34

Message withdrawn

Word Thu 25-Sep-08 14:37:50

No I haven't.

I'm having some veggie friends over for dinner tomorrow and I'm FLABBERGASTED that the aubergines I bought for the recipe cost me £6 !!!

piratecat Thu 25-Sep-08 14:38:50

i was paying ( geddit) attention a few weeks ago, and i too had a grape incident! I had bought some on offer the week before. DD actually ate them, so i decided to go for it and get them at normal price per kg, as didn't think they could be too expensive.

Was shocked to see they were about £3.60 ish, when i looked at my recipt, and that was for a pretty small bunch. I've become careful whilsy shopping these days too.

readyfornum2 Thu 25-Sep-08 15:56:32

Just wanted to say that red grapes are on offer at aldi for 69p a punnet smile

savoycabbage Thu 25-Sep-08 15:58:14

I saw those very grapes yesterday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now