Talk

Advanced search

what to feed 2year old

(4 Posts)
igivein Thu 25-Sep-08 13:38:08

I had visions of family round the table eating wonderful organic feasts. The reality is that ds (2.0)will eat macaroni cheese (out of a tin - boak), veg ravioli (out of a tin), pizza (homemade, organic, thank heaven for small mercies)and stuff like fruit cereal cheese yogurt and toast. They do a bit better getting him to eat different things at nursery, I think he eats it because the other kids do. Any tips for getting him to try different things, or ideas for things to try him with?

fluffyanimal Thu 25-Sep-08 13:40:57

I think picnic style foods work well - lots of easy things they can pick and choose from, and eat with their fingers.

What ALWAYS works with my ds, though, is to say that mummy or daddy will eat it if he doesn't want it, and to start moving a fork towards his plate. Instantly it's then desirable food!

igivein Thu 25-Sep-08 13:46:02

Thanks fluffy, unfortunately ds thinks that feeding food that he doesn't want to me is a good way of getting rid of it!

dinkystinky Thu 25-Sep-08 13:46:17

Having your lunch together is I find a great way to get 2 year olds to try other stuff - try cheese on toast and cucumber slices and other finger foods (if he likes pizza, he'll like that) or soup with soldiers he can dip in it. Also do fruit salads for desert so he can pick up and feel and explore the different fruits - worked a treat for my DS.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now