Talk

Advanced search

Friends for Dinner - is a pot of chilli too boring?

(5 Posts)
georgeclooneyfan Thu 25-Sep-08 13:35:59

In a panic having a couple over for dinner on Friday night with their two kids was going to do a pot of chilli, served with rice ,side sald and crusty bread for the adults or should I make something better? I just think it is a meal that I have for the family during the week I am not really a great cook chilli and lasagne is about the main dishes I make. Would appreciate any ideas easy but tasty recipe thanks in advance.

lulumama Thu 25-Sep-08 13:37:35

i did that the other night.. did it with baked potatos and rice, sour cream , jalapenos, grated cheese , guacamole and refried beans..

nice tasty food that you can make in adance so you are not in teh kitchen missing out on all the fun

georgiemum Thu 25-Sep-08 13:37:46

It sounds lovely. Have a nice desert, get some wine and have a nice time. It's not about the food, but the company.

TheFallenMadonna Thu 25-Sep-08 13:41:25

Sounds fine. You don't want to be fretting about cooking something unfamiliar if it's not your thing.

twoboots Thu 25-Sep-08 13:54:40

how about adding some sweet potato wedges? fresh corriander always makes it taste better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now