Talk

Advanced search

Flavouring Cous Cous?

(10 Posts)
AbbaFan Thu 25-Sep-08 12:18:10

I normally buy the already flavoured cous cous, but have just bought some plain.

If I cook it in a veg stock would this add enough flavour. I am planning on having it with some salmon and roasted vegetables.

Any other ideas on how I could jazz it up?

nailpolish Thu 25-Sep-08 12:20:29

yes i add stock cubes
usually chicken or veg

ComeOVeneer Thu 25-Sep-08 12:20:38

Finely chopped corriander and lemon zest/juice.

ByTheSea Thu 25-Sep-08 12:21:30

I tend to very finely chop spring onions, celery and pepper (any colour) as well as herbs such as flat-leaf parsley, and mix in with cous cous soaked in stock and separated with a bit of olive oil and tossed in a bit of salt and also add a bit of lemon juice. It's tasty this way served cold.

thebecster Thu 25-Sep-08 12:25:10

I usually lightly fry a few chopped carrots (DSs favourite veg) in lots of butter and a crushed garlic clove and tiny 1/2 tsp turmeric, then add the couscous with a veg stock cube and water and leave until cooked. DS loves it. I use lots of butter or olive oil as DS is so skinny and active, but you could do it with less to make it not so rich.

hanaflower Thu 25-Sep-08 12:26:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

gaml Fri 26-Sep-08 12:58:54

add warm orange juice cover with cling film,wait then fluff with a fork,adding feta,olives,mint,coriander,olive oil,sea salt and cracked pepper and blanched asparagus.

georgiemum Fri 26-Sep-08 13:03:14

If you are having it cold, try chopping up some coriander/mint&parsley (about a small Tesco sized packet of each)and mix in with sweetcorn and chopped red onions or spring onions. Yummy. You can squeeze in a bit of lemon too.

georgiemum Fri 26-Sep-08 13:03:14

If you are having it cold, try chopping up some coriander/mint&parsley (about a small Tesco sized packet of each)and mix in with sweetcorn and chopped red onions or spring onions. Yummy. You can squeeze in a bit of lemon too.

mufti Fri 26-Sep-08 13:11:03

nice with tinned beans, not heinz, eg borlottli, and olives and sundried tomaotes, lots of black pepper

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now