Talk

Advanced search

Is it ok to freeze banana cake?

(9 Posts)
Boyswillbeboys Thu 25-Sep-08 11:08:19

I've got loads of ripe bananas and was thinking of making a cake but wondering if I can freeze half? How long would it keep in the freezer? Any advice welcome!

murphyslaw Thu 25-Sep-08 12:42:40

you could freeze the bananas and make your cake at a later date or just freeze the cake. I would say it would keep for up to 1 month.

Boyswillbeboys Thu 25-Sep-08 13:41:11

Thanks, hadn't thought of freezing the bananas themselves! Do you just wrap them and freeze them in the skin or peel them first?

Oh yum !! We unpeel bananas and freeze them - but they're usually eaten (frozen) in a day or so. Especially good for teething baby !

I'd probably open freeze and then wrap in clingfilm once frozen if you want to store for a while.

Word Thu 25-Sep-08 14:35:02

Freeze it. I regularly make 2 and freeze 1.

ImnotMamaGbutsheLovesMe Thu 25-Sep-08 14:37:05

My book says only freeze as purees for cakes or desserts as it will discolour.

ImnotMamaGbutsheLovesMe Thu 25-Sep-08 14:37:26

Or breads.

Word Thu 25-Sep-08 14:39:07

I think my cakes are speckled with black bits whether frozen or not but taste yummy whatever. smile

Boyswillbeboys Thu 25-Sep-08 14:41:43

Thanks for the advice. I found a really nice recipe for banana and chocolate chip cake (on netmums blush), but we never seem to finish a whole one, so that's why I want to freeze half.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now