Talk

Advanced search

Is it ok to freeze banana cake?

(9 Posts)
Boyswillbeboys Thu 25-Sep-08 11:08:19

I've got loads of ripe bananas and was thinking of making a cake but wondering if I can freeze half? How long would it keep in the freezer? Any advice welcome!

murphyslaw Thu 25-Sep-08 12:42:40

you could freeze the bananas and make your cake at a later date or just freeze the cake. I would say it would keep for up to 1 month.

Boyswillbeboys Thu 25-Sep-08 13:41:11

Thanks, hadn't thought of freezing the bananas themselves! Do you just wrap them and freeze them in the skin or peel them first?

Oh yum !! We unpeel bananas and freeze them - but they're usually eaten (frozen) in a day or so. Especially good for teething baby !

I'd probably open freeze and then wrap in clingfilm once frozen if you want to store for a while.

Word Thu 25-Sep-08 14:35:02

Freeze it. I regularly make 2 and freeze 1.

ImnotMamaGbutsheLovesMe Thu 25-Sep-08 14:37:05

My book says only freeze as purees for cakes or desserts as it will discolour.

ImnotMamaGbutsheLovesMe Thu 25-Sep-08 14:37:26

Or breads.

Word Thu 25-Sep-08 14:39:07

I think my cakes are speckled with black bits whether frozen or not but taste yummy whatever. smile

Boyswillbeboys Thu 25-Sep-08 14:41:43

Thanks for the advice. I found a really nice recipe for banana and chocolate chip cake (on netmums blush), but we never seem to finish a whole one, so that's why I want to freeze half.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: