Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sleepycat Wed 24-Sep-08 20:36:32

SorenLorensen Wed 24-Sep-08 20:39:30

Califrau, we are kindred spirits

Califrau Wed 24-Sep-08 20:42:25

falcon Wed 24-Sep-08 20:44:22

Me too though oddly I hate mushroom sauces.

My dream breakfast is a plate of mushrooms nothing else.grin

SorenLorensen Wed 24-Sep-08 20:44:30

Yes, but you were unhappy then...now you are a happy all American mom grin

I love that NOM NOM NOM - it's just exactly the right sound (when you are stuffing your face in private, not when eating in company, of course).

harpomarx Wed 24-Sep-08 20:45:02

my one big failing as a parent was not to give dd mushrooms while she was little. Don't know why, as I really like them, especially with loads of garlic, butter and parsley..... [dreamy face]

now I am stuck with a child who eats everything except mushrooms sad! She is fond of telling me she doesn't like them too...

SorenLorensen Wed 24-Sep-08 20:45:48

Oooh no, breakfast heaven is a big plate of fried mushrooms and potato cakes (also fried - in butter) <<<drools on keyboard, electrocutes self>>>

Dottydot Wed 24-Sep-08 20:45:50

I adore mushrooms and eat tons of them - although I had some reflexology sessions once and the reflexologist asked if I ate lots of mushrooms - she said she could tell as it was screwing up my digestive system.

Spooky dooky.... Hasn't stopped me eating them though! wink

SorenLorensen Wed 24-Sep-08 20:47:00

It doesn't follow, harpo - both mine had mushrooms from an early age. Ds1 loves them as much as me; ds2 picks them out (like his Dad).

falcon Wed 24-Sep-08 20:51:16

Tinned mushrooms are an abomination.

NappiesGalore Wed 24-Sep-08 20:53:53

oh yes
v hot pan
then add butter and truffly olive oil to stop the butter burning
then chuck in the shrooms and dont fuck about with them too much
delicious golden buttery outsides
<salivates>

hate when mushrooms are cooked too slowly for a brekkie or sim. they go all limp and watery. bleurghg.

Hassled Wed 24-Sep-08 20:56:31

When I first met DH he had been a vegetarian for 10 years. And he doesn't like vegetables. He'd spent those 10 years eating pasta, cheese and mushrooms. The only reason he can possibly be alive now is the mushrooms - they are truly marvellous things

NappiesGalore Wed 24-Sep-08 20:57:58

i dunno man, ive gone a fair bit of my life on pasta and chese alone... wink

NappiesGalore Wed 24-Sep-08 20:59:41

there was a week in Sydney in my mid-twenties when i had a maximum budget of a dollar a day for food. baked beans and packets of noodles were the order of the day. in fact, a packet of the cheapest noodles was 33c, so that was brekkie lunch and dinner sorted... thank F i found a job soon, and in a restaurant too <phew>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now