Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone got a Krups Waffle maker?

(9 Posts)
SquiffyHock Wed 24-Sep-08 13:06:26

If so, please could you give me the basic waffle recipe? I have lost my instruction guide any every other waffle recipe I try just isn't the same. Have looked on the Krups website but can only find the American one which (weirdly) isn't the same.

I know it's a hassle to type it up so thank you very much in advance smile

SquiffyHock Thu 25-Sep-08 16:05:00

bump

southcoaster Thu 25-Sep-08 20:06:52

Mine isn't a Krups one but this is the basic recipe I've got:

125g margarine, 250g flour, 1/2 packet of baking powder, 4 eggs, 2tsp sugar, some salt, 375ml buttermilk

Mix ingredients to a semi-solid consistency and let it rest in the fridge for an hour. Pour a little of the dough on the bottom waffle plate. The first waffle plate is ready after about three minutes of baking on the setting 4-5. You can divide the waffle into 5 waffle cores.

Variations: Sprinkle the waffle with icing sugar or serve with cherry sauce, apple sauce, cream, vanilla sauce etc.

littlelapin Thu 25-Sep-08 20:15:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SquiffyHock Thu 25-Sep-08 21:24:14

Thank-you both; I'll try them out this weekend! LL, yours seems the most similar to the one I had.

Sounthcoaster - Do you buy very small packets of baking powder???

littlelapin Thu 25-Sep-08 21:39:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

southcoaster Fri 26-Sep-08 10:36:49

Lol no I think it comes from the fact that the Waffle maker is originally from Germany and there you buy Baking Powder in small packets. 1/2 packet would be about 1 teaspoon.

lilolilmanchester Fri 26-Sep-08 23:11:02

Squiffy, can I hijack briefly please? DS loved making his own waffles at a motel in the US a few years ago. Thinking of buying him a waffle iron for Christmas. Any recommendations or models to avoid please?

southcoaster Sat 27-Sep-08 23:54:14

Uh oh got mine last Christmas but haven't actually used it yet

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now