Talk

Advanced search

Mushroom and Spinach Lasagne ... have to share this with you, it's too good not to!

(3 Posts)
kando Wed 24-Sep-08 11:32:21

Have made this for dh and myself a couple of times - luckily for us the kids don't like it, and it makes enough for 4 portions, so I bung 2 in the freezer for next time!

4oz butter plus extra for greasing
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
4oz shallots
8oz mushrooms
1lb spinach cooked, drained and finely chopped
8oz grated cheddar
1/4 tsp fresh grated nutmeg
1 tsp chopped fresh basil
2oz plain flour
1pt hot milk
2oz grated Cheshire cheese
salt & pepper

Grease large ovenproof bowl with a little butter.

Melt half butter, add garlic, shallots and mushrooms and fry over low heat for 3 mins. Stir in spinach, cheddar, nutmeg and basil. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.

Melt remaining butter in another saucepan over low heat. Add flour and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 min. Gradually stir in hot milk, whisking constantly until smooth. Stir in Cheshire cheese and season to taste.

Spread half mushroom & spinach mixture over base of prepared dish. Cover with layer of lasagne, then with half the cheese sauce. Repeat process and sprinkle with cheese.

Bake in preheated oven, 200oC/400oF/Gas Mark 6, for 30 mins.

Please someone try this and let me know if it really is good or if me and dh have strange tastebuds!!

Cies Wed 24-Sep-08 12:11:08

looks nice. I´ll try it out soon.

MamaG Wed 24-Sep-08 12:13:21

I like the sound of that <print>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now