Talk

Advanced search

Can someone recommend a nice Cava?

(11 Posts)
ShinyPinkShoes Mon 22-Sep-08 18:49:52

Need to buy largish quantity for a work thing so don't want to spend more than about £4 a bottle if poss; need it to be nice though!

TheOldestCat Mon 22-Sep-08 18:56:34

The Tesco own-brand one is very nice and is three or four notes a bottle (disclaimer, I'm a beer drinker usually so may not know what I'm talking about).

RandomFlopsy Mon 22-Sep-08 18:59:15

The Tesco Finest one is really good but I think it might be a wee bit more than that - worth checking. (Disclaimer I absolutely lurve champagne)

themoon66 Mon 22-Sep-08 19:00:03

All cava is nice grin

I've never met a bad one yet.

GobbledigookisThrifty Mon 22-Sep-08 19:04:11

M&S do one at around £6.50 and it's really quite nice.

I am supping one as we speak but would have to go downstairs to check the bottle to tell you what it is!

ShinyPinkShoes Mon 22-Sep-08 19:07:32

Thank you!

I think I may have to sample some before I buy wink

expatinscotland Mon 22-Sep-08 19:08:30

there's no such thing.

cava is rot.

MrsGuyOfGisbourne Mon 22-Sep-08 19:14:03

Sainsburys sometimes have a sparkling australian brut pinot noir on special off for 4.99 (desperately trying to remember the name - something beginning with 'b' aaaaaargh????. It is BETTER than cava - equals any champagne we have drunk and no one ever can tell the difference. ( we have had blind tastings with wine snobs - very entertaining)

ShinyPinkShoes Mon 22-Sep-08 19:24:51

Thank you Mrs Guy!

Off to Sainsburys tomorrow I think

MrsGuyOfGisbourne Mon 22-Sep-08 19:32:53

Banrock station!!!!

TheOldestCat Mon 22-Sep-08 19:38:06

According to DH, there was a hilarious programme on Radio 4 with wine experts blind tasting champers/sparkling wine and cavas (is that the correct plural?). Naturally, all but one of the experts plumped for the cheaper ones some of them had derided grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now