Talk

Advanced search

Can i do veg lasagna with these???

(11 Posts)
outinthesticksmummy Mon 22-Sep-08 15:53:03

Hi

Was going to do a nice veggie lasagna, but have been to the fridge and all the veg i have is broccolli, cauliflower,carrots and onions, what do you reckon?? anygood, how would i cook the veggies first??

suzywong Mon 22-Sep-08 15:55:12

no
I wouldn't
not the right texture veg for lasagne
do a curry instead

outinthesticksmummy Mon 22-Sep-08 15:55:22

pooh!!!! just been to get the lasagna sheets and haven't got any - bugger!! could do a pasta bake instead??

outinthesticksmummy Mon 22-Sep-08 15:56:51

curry eek??

boogeek Mon 22-Sep-08 15:58:02

I think it will be ok if a bit dull. Have you got a tin of tomatoes and perhaps some beans? Or there's a Jamie Oliver recipe for broccoli and cauliflower cannelloni which is lovely: you could improvise something similar (recipe)

witchandchips Mon 22-Sep-08 15:58:26

no i don't think it would work tbh. A grantinee would though
I would lightly cook the brocolli, cauliflower + carrots til just off al dente, then fry off some onions and garlic. I would then make a white sauce (using half milk and half the veg water). Flavour this with mustard, the onions (drained) and loads of grated cheese. Then add the rest of the veg + place in cassarole dish topped with grated chesse

boogeek Mon 22-Sep-08 15:58:32

Oh. But not without any pasta ;)

outinthesticksmummy Mon 22-Sep-08 16:00:39

i have tomatoes and kidney beans??

boogeek Mon 22-Sep-08 16:02:21

Veg chilli!

outinthesticksmummy Mon 22-Sep-08 16:02:46

mmmmmm, that sounds easy witchandchips - needs to be got a 3 yr old just back from playschool and crying 11wk old twin girls!!

witchandchips Mon 22-Sep-08 16:04:16

it is and very tasty (forgot to say that you need to brown it in the oven or under the grill!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now