Talk

Advanced search

got some leftover chicken from a roast - what can I batch cook and freeze for 10 mth old DS?

(4 Posts)
Holymoly321 Mon 22-Sep-08 15:41:44

that's it really. Have rice in the cupboard, lentils, some veg in the fridge, tinned toms, cheese etc - what can I cook in a one pot dish that I can use all the cooked chicken in then freeze for DS who is 10 mhts old? TIA

Anchovy Mon 22-Sep-08 15:51:37

We've got some leftover roast chicken as well smile.

Tonight I am going to make for DH and I some soup involving sweating down some veg (onions, leek, carrot), adding some cubed potato and cubed sweet potato and then simmering it all in lots of chicken stock. Then I will add the chopped chicken at the end. I might blend it a bit, or just mash it down with a potato masher.

If I had a 10 month old, I would make exactly the same, but make it thicker, so more like a chunky puree than a soup. I might also make it very slightly sweeter - eg more carrot/sweet potato or even a bit of apricot. Could also add lentils with the potatoes.

Then freeze it, easy peasy.

nailpolish Mon 22-Sep-08 15:53:23

i was going to say soup too

Holymoly321 Mon 22-Sep-08 16:23:48

sounds simple enough even for me! will give it a bash! thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now