Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

yoplait chocolate flavour...is it ok for 7 months old?

(14 Posts)
sasa15 Sat 26-Feb-05 12:29:32

I hope so...I've already given...

oatcake Sat 26-Feb-05 12:32:45

what are the ingredients? sounds revolting though.. what is it? a drink or a yogurt thing?

sasa15 Sat 26-Feb-05 12:41:40

dairy dessert,....i thougth was ok as the yougurt and fromage frais...
whole milk,cream,sugar,skimmed milk powder,cocoa 2%,lactose,chocolate 1%,

oatcake Sat 26-Feb-05 12:43:15

well, if that's all that's in it, sounds ok to me! give me some!

sasa15 Sat 26-Feb-05 12:45:05

he has got stabiliser too...
doesn't sound to bad...

mmm........it's actually gnammy!!!!

I'll probably have couple....

oatcake Sat 26-Feb-05 12:48:05

sasa15 Sat 26-Feb-05 12:49:24

BadHair Sat 26-Feb-05 13:28:41

Did you see the Panorama doc on a few weeks ago about how much sugar is put into yoghurts - there are about 2 teaspoons per pot! Am sure there must be a thread on it somewhere. I felt really bad as my dses practically lived on yoghurts and fromage frais, but not any more. It's natural yog only for us (well, for me, as no-one else will eat the stuff).
Sorry to sound negative but I was really shocked by the amount of hidden sugar in seemingly healthy foods.

PrettyCandles Sat 26-Feb-05 13:39:54

WWhy do you want to give such gunk to a 7mo? It may be yummy to an adult, but a 7mo will find ordinary yogurt just as yummy, and it's much healthier for him.

franch Sat 26-Feb-05 14:40:11

Have to say I agree with PC ...... natural full-fat yog served with fruit is lovely and won't give your baby a sweet tooth ..... I followed the general advice and avoided sugar altogether for DD up to 12mo - still avoid it as much as poss at 13mo - it's not hard. I also go by the rule of thumb of not giving DD anything with ingredients I wouldn't find in the kitchen (lactose, stabiliser etc). HTH

NotQuiteCockney Sat 26-Feb-05 14:53:08

In our house, we go in for normal (well, Yeo Valley) sweetened yogurts, but mixed with plain yogurt, about 50/50. So we effectively reduce the sugar content by 50%, without too much fiddling.

sasa15, I too wouldn't give chocolate Yoplait to a 7-month-old. Kids all end up with sweet tooths, they don't need to be introduced to these flavours so young. Fruit is plenty sweet enough.

oatcake Sat 26-Feb-05 15:49:01

I'm anal about reading all my labels and very few items in my kitchen contain any ingredient which I can't pronounce, and yeah, true, too much sugar is not good but sasa15 said she's only given him one... and then she's going to pig out and eat the rest herself!

Everything in moderation...

serenity Sat 26-Feb-05 16:01:35

They taste lovely, I fed them to all three of mine - none of which have turned into rabid obese sugar junkies. As oatcake so sensibly said, all things in moderation......

And to answer the actual question, 7 mths should be fine, we used them at that age.

leglebegle Sat 26-Feb-05 16:38:46

I think you'll be fine, my ds1 lived on petits filous and he doesn't have a big sugar craving, actually is amazing compared with other friends and prefers water to juice. my favourite for ds2 aged 7 months at the moment is greek yoghurt mixed with a fruit puree which I make myself (not the greek yogurt)! Its really delicious but I can't stop eating it myself and its very fattening!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now