Talk

Advanced search

Chicken meals

(13 Posts)
Pixiefish Sun 21-Sep-08 07:22:33

I have loads of chicken breasts (40- dh buys in bulk from local chicken factory)

Apart for the following meals- could I have more suggestions please.

Roast chicken- skewer 2 breasts together
Chicken curry
Chicken and pasta and cheese sauce
Fajitas
Chicken pie
Chicken casserole

Anything else or is that my lot?
Thansk

Anna8888 Sun 21-Sep-08 07:25:14

Cut each breast into 4 fillets, toss in a (very) little vegetable oil and salt and pepper and then sear at high heat on a cast-iron grill pan. Serve with ketchup (children) or a nice sauce (mushroom/lemon is good).

Thai green curry is my favourite way of currying chicken. Also Thai chicken with cashew nuts.

mankyscotslass Sun 21-Sep-08 07:25:58

chicken with bacon lardons and mushrooms, onions and garlicin a cream sauce..yum

iwantasecondone Sun 21-Sep-08 07:26:04

Chicken kebabs. You can get loads of veg inbetween the chicken bits...v pretty
Chicken goujons
Chicken Kiev
Stufed with pesto/cheese/etc

barbiehouse Sun 21-Sep-08 07:26:38

cook in pan, add apple juice, and tarragon, then creme fraiche at last minute. or, add pineapple juice, jamaican jerk seasoning and pineapple chunks.

iwantasecondone Sun 21-Sep-08 07:27:20

Ooh and cut into small bits and marinate in thai sweet chilli sauce, pan fry til cooked and sauce goes sticky. Add salad or pasta and veg...it's lovely.

barbiehouse Sun 21-Sep-08 07:30:09

bash it so its flat. lie bacon over piece of tin foil, spread chicken on top, cover in bourson?spelling?? cheese, and then roll up into long swiss roll typr thing. cook in oven for about 30-45 mins

RupertTheBear Sun 21-Sep-08 07:53:34

Cut into small chunks, bash them flat, flour then egg then breadcrumb them, then fry. Tell the children they are chicken nuggets and they will hoover them up!

Pixiefish Sun 21-Sep-08 10:51:15

oooooo- sound lovely- all of them.

shall print this off now

Cies Sun 21-Sep-08 10:54:53

Also, if you cut them into 4 thin fillets, then marinade these in olive oil, garlic, some dried herbs (eg herbes de provence), salt and pepper.

Then pan fry on a high heat until they brown on both sides.

Cool a little and slice into strips.

Serve on a salad of little gem lettuce, grated carrot, onion, and sweetcorn. Yum...

AbbaFan Sun 21-Sep-08 10:55:48

Cook the chicken, and put in sandwiches with mayo - yum.

Kbear Sun 21-Sep-08 10:56:34

Cut into chunks, coat in flour, lightly fry until golden, put in casserole dish with lightly fried chopped onions, two tins tomatoes, passata, mushrooms, and any veg you like. I usually put borlotti beans or black-eyed beans in too. Put in the oven on medium heat for hour/hour and half. Serve with rice/pasta/crusty bread and grated hard cheese like parmesan or a side order of brocolli or whatever you fancy!

readyfornum2 Sun 21-Sep-08 11:47:25

schnitzels
Hunters chicken
bbq chicken
garlic kiev
pesto chicken

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now