Talk

Advanced search

Blue food! Lunch for Sapphire wedding anniversary

(12 Posts)
sarahsmummy Sat 20-Sep-08 20:13:21

Been volunteered to do a lunch for out-laws 45th wedding anniversary - ie Sapphire. Only for 6 people, but would be nice to do a theme - hence thought sapphire ... blue. Then got as far as blueberries and stalled. Any ideas for blue-themed courses?

Goober Sat 20-Sep-08 20:15:23

Food dye in everything.

Twims Sat 20-Sep-08 20:19:25

Blue cheese

Blue iced buns

Cies Sat 20-Sep-08 20:22:56

mussels - their shells are blue.

janeite Sat 20-Sep-08 20:25:35

Please don't try to do all blue food. Blue is rarely found in nature (exceptions like cornflowers etc) so it will look all sci-fi and weird and detract from what should be a nice, intimate event.

If you must -

Do a blue cheese salad as a starter and blueberry tart for pudding but then just do a normal main course.

You could always drink Blue Lagoons!

EffiePerine Sat 20-Sep-08 20:26:33

sapphires can be yellow as well as blue btw

might make things easier

CuppaTeaJanice Sat 20-Sep-08 20:27:35

Didn't Bridget Jones make blue soup?

ruddynorah Sat 20-Sep-08 20:28:26

no no no. it will look rank however you try and do it. you'll also end up making stuff just cos it's blue, not cos it's nice or makes up a nice menu.

better to do sapphire themed table decoration.

EffiePerine Sat 20-Sep-08 20:28:41

green and pink too

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sapphire

RhinestoneCowgirl Sat 20-Sep-08 20:28:53

One of my rules in life is 'Never drink a blue drink', I would probably extend that to blue food...

Think Janeite's suggestion is good.

melpomene Sat 20-Sep-08 20:35:04

blue food

sarahsmummy Sat 20-Sep-08 20:43:08

Thanks for link, melpomene - amazing what there is on www, eh? No, I wasn't looking for the blue-string variety of food, hence looking for natural ideas such as the blue cheese and blueberries. Handy to know about the different colours of sapphires, though - learn something new .....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now