Talk

Advanced search

Easy Chutney Recipe please

(9 Posts)
Tas1 Sat 20-Sep-08 17:31:40

Cutting back on prezzies for the family this year. I would like to make my own Chutney and give away as a token gift.
Does anyone have a quick and easy recipe?

BoysAreLikeDogs Sun 21-Sep-08 12:22:43

oooh bump

<<Lurks>>

moshie Mon 22-Sep-08 14:17:26

bumping- was just looking for one myself

SuperBunny Tue 23-Sep-08 05:14:30

another bump

i was going to make delia's green tomato chutney

bhk3 Sat 27-Sep-08 20:03:25

cut tomatoes in small pieces. put a teaspoonful of oil in a pan heat it add pinch of black mustard seed and dried red chilli in it. when the mustard pops up add the tomatoes put a pinch of salt and a spoon ful of turmeric booil the tomatoes till tender. before taking out add jaggery( a handful). take out & serve it really tastes yummy

Lilymaid Sat 27-Sep-08 20:07:06

Sweet Tomato Pickle

1Kilo of Tomatoes skinned,
1 Whole head of garlic,
1Tsp salt
1/2Tsp Cayenne Pepper,
350g granulated sugar,,
350m of red wine vinegar
2" piece of Ginger.

Put the garlic, ginger , salt , & cayenne pepper into a blender with a little of the vinegar , & blend to a paste.
Put all the rest of the ingredients into a large pan , add the paste, & bring to the boil. Simmer uncovered for about 1 1/2 hours until the chutney thickens.
YOu can add about 3 to 4 oz of raisins or slivered almonds about 10 mins before the end of cooking if you like. Make sure that you are around towards the ed of the cooking time to stir the mixture as it may stick to the pan.

Tas1 Thu 02-Oct-08 20:42:03

Thanks everyone.
Have decided to give family and friends a jar of homemade chutney, homemade Gingerbread and homemade truffles for xmas.

We are having a Credit Crunch Christmas!!!
grin

norksinmywaistband Thu 02-Oct-08 20:44:23

I did [[http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/4859/fragrant-mango-and-apple-chutney this] one last year and it went down very well. I will make it again this year

norksinmywaistband Thu 02-Oct-08 20:44:54

sorry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now