Talk

Advanced search

Stupid freezing question!?

(7 Posts)
llynnnn Fri 19-Sep-08 13:24:24

I've been reading lots about making big batches of meals and freezing for a later date, but what do u actually freeze the food in?

Do you use plastic freezer bags? or tubs etc?

sorry for being a bit dim!!

TracyK Fri 19-Sep-08 13:25:16

I use the plastic dishes you get when you have a chinese take away or tupperware.

TheBlackPearlDragon Fri 19-Sep-08 13:26:40

Same as TracyK

TheBlackPearlDragon Fri 19-Sep-08 13:27:42

If you use a bag, you're best freezing it with the bag in a container so it takes a more practical shape and doesn't mould itself to the bottom of the freezer. Once it's frozen, you can take the bag out of the container.

llynnnn Fri 19-Sep-08 15:58:21

thanks, i'll have to have more takeaways!! what a great excuse lol!

platypussy Fri 19-Sep-08 16:20:01

Ive found that the plastic dished we get from our take-away crack and shatter when put into the freezer. Ours must use the 'wrong' sort of plastic!

ChopsTheDuck Fri 19-Sep-08 16:24:00

I sometimes stick pies, lasagnes, etc. in the freezer in the dish. I foil over the top, then wrap the whole thing in a bag. Then take it out the night before and it's ready to go straight into the freezer.

Have quite a collection of tubs too, I save them all, even little olive tubs. What is too flimsy for food gets used for seedlings or something else.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now