Talk

Advanced search

OK I give up! What is the best low sugar yoghurt in a small pot or frubes type thingy

(11 Posts)
pickie Thu 18-Sep-08 21:32:49

DS refuses to eat his yoghurt and wants little pots or frubes like everybody else....

So think I have lost this one and will have to succumb to commercially attractive yoghurts which are a) full of sugar and b) not very environment friendly but what are the ones that have least amount of sugar (less then 10%) and are still socially acceptable in a lunch box?

MrsTittleMouse Thu 18-Sep-08 21:34:57

Don't know about socially acceptable (DD is too young yet) but Sainbury's kids fromage frais (in small pots, and I think also in tubes with a nozzle) are very good and have no sugar at all. They are also yummy and I have to stop DH from eating them.

sherby Thu 18-Sep-08 21:36:03

yeo valley do small ones I think

CantSleepWontSleep Thu 18-Sep-08 21:40:11

Just bought dd some rachel's organic frube style things, which she seems quite taken with. Can't remember whether I checked the ingredients or not, but at least if they are packed with sugar it will be organic wink.

pickie Thu 18-Sep-08 21:43:08

lol CSWL Also thinking maybe getting him sugarfree jellies for a change but will ask before I buy from now on

CantSleepWontSleep Thu 18-Sep-08 21:45:14

Sugar free jellies will most likely contain aspartame though, which I'd be more reluctant to give than the sugar.

pickie Thu 18-Sep-08 21:48:19

ah agree CSWS, any more ideas for a lunch box virgingrin

thisisyesterday Thu 18-Sep-08 21:49:25

I don't think the sainsburys ones have any sugar in at all.

vonsudenfed Thu 18-Sep-08 21:51:56

The baby organix jellies are just set fruit juice - our sainsburys has them with the baby food, but they're big enough for a lunch box I reckon.

SquiffyHock Thu 18-Sep-08 21:52:02

Yeo Valley 'frubes' are great - DS loves them frozen. I agree that I wouldn't buy sugar-free jelly, regular stuff is fine.
Mine also love Yeo Valley fruit tumble yogurts.

SquiffyHock Thu 18-Sep-08 21:52:03

Yeo Valley 'frubes' are great - DS loves them frozen. I agree that I wouldn't buy sugar-free jelly, regular stuff is fine.
Mine also love Yeo Valley fruit tumble yogurts.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now