Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Milk allergy ? Alternatives? (x-post with allergies)

(2 Posts)
Laura032004 Fri 25-Feb-05 13:34:30

Hia,

Have noticed over the past few days that DS has been sicky / unhappy at night when he has had foods that contain quite a high proportion of cows milk (e.g. mashed potato with lots of milk / porridge). He's already on a gluten and wheat free diet.

He's 10m old and bf, but I don't really want to start expressing milk to use for his food. I don't find expressing particularly easy, and DS seems to be sick if I give him expressed bm which has been frozen.

Are there any alternatives to milk to use in things like mashed potato/porridge/white sauces? Would soya milk be OK?

Thanks for your help

P.S. Sorry for x-post, but I need some ideas before I go shopping this afternoon!

FIMAC1 Fri 25-Feb-05 14:32:32

Speak to a qualified nutrionilst (sp!) and or Kneisologist - which is what I did when my 5 year old dd had the same problem. Soya milk was the best for her although you can get Goats, sheeps, rice etc. You can buy goats and sheeps baby formula - try a health food store. Sheeps is apparently the closest thing to human breast milk consitutionally. We are still on Soya 5 years later - cows milk makes her ill if she tries it. Get one that has the added calcium, it is absorbed better than calcuim in cows milk so it shouldn't be nutitionally any worse as far as calcium. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now