Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Another can I freeze question ...... tinned pineapple?

(10 Posts)
lucysmam Thu 18-Sep-08 18:43:38

Have just discovered a couple of pieces in back of fridge from oh's munchies last night. Can I freeze them to use at a later date? Seems a shame to waste them as they'll probably not be used for ages & just sit there until I get fed up of the sight of them in their tin

Thanks smile

SoupDragon Thu 18-Sep-08 18:44:42

No idea but you shouldn't store them in the tin, you should decant them into another container.

lucysmam Thu 18-Sep-08 18:45:27

oh, I didn't know that! Will pop them in another container whilst my tea heats up then. Thanks Soup smile

fryalot Thu 18-Sep-08 18:45:41

I don't think you will be able to freeze them, tbh, but if you decant them into a sealed tupperware type container, they'll probably last forever in the fridge anyway

(well, not forever, sooner or later they'll grow some fur, but I should imagine a while)

lucysmam Thu 18-Sep-08 18:47:35

I'll just pop them in something else then & have a look around for something to do with them before they grow fur. Must be something I can do with 2 slices of pineapple hmm

Maybe that's what I ought to google for "recipes using 2 slices of pineapple" & see what it comes up with

fryalot Thu 18-Sep-08 18:48:52

give the kids a ham and pineapple pizza for tea tomorrow?

make a pineapple upside down cake

Cook gammon with pineapple for tea/supper

Tell dh to get the munchies again tonight

grin

lucysmam Thu 18-Sep-08 18:50:29

lol @ tell dh to get munchies! It'll be something else tonight no doubt. He's worse than me when I was pg! Fanices something different & often strange all the time to munch

Ham n pineapple pizza could be fun to put together with the kids . . . if I feel brave

fryalot Thu 18-Sep-08 18:52:33

oh go for it, buy a ready made plain pizza, bung some wafer thin ham on, and some pineapple. Like you say, it's really fun to do with the kids and dead easy...

SoupDragon Thu 18-Sep-08 18:54:34

A friend used o swear by this book

lucysmam Thu 18-Sep-08 19:19:45

Soup, you're a genius. I'll never have to ask another 'will it freeze' question again! Except I've already requested a book this coming payday . . . wonder if I can talk oh into 2 of them wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now