Talk

Advanced search

What on earth do you put in a lunch box when...

(9 Posts)
wtfhashappened Wed 17-Sep-08 19:56:54

dd (18 months)is point blank refusing to eat bread or pasta. I have made a variety of sandwiches but she just pulls out the fillings. Have tried a pasta salad which apparently she threw across the room, and couscous salad which they asked me never to send in again blush as it took so long to clean up. I am working, so she has 4 lunches per week at nursery so I would love any suggestions at all.

Guadalupe Wed 17-Sep-08 19:59:04

Breadsticks or oatcakes, maybe crackers alongside some cheese or whatever filling she'd have. It's very common to have a fad like this. Ds2 often leaves his bread and another time wants nothing else.

phdlife Wed 17-Sep-08 20:00:27

frittata?
quiche?
fishcakes?

freakypenguin Wed 17-Sep-08 20:00:47

no specific suggestions but Finger Food for Babies and Toddlers by Jennie Maizels has loads of good suggestions for how to turn meals you would usually need a plate and knife and fork for into finger food (as the title implies!).

I've done a lot of the recipes and they are pretty good, and most freeze well.

Good Luck! smile

bundle Wed 17-Sep-08 20:00:50

sausages
lumps of omlette/tortilla
eggy bread
strips of pitta

JohnnyTwoHats Wed 17-Sep-08 20:01:19

Hummus and carrot sticks?

Will she eat pastry? I make little mini quiches in bun tins and mini samosas which are nice cold. DD likes these in her lunchbox. So does DP, although I think he gets the piss taken out of him at work grin. He did ask me not to write on the sandwich bags what the fillings are (they go in freezer) <evil tormentor grin>

JohnnyTwoHats Wed 17-Sep-08 20:02:20

yes yes freakypenguin

nearly all my ideas are from that book, it is great.

And they are adult friendly too.

MarlaSinger Wed 17-Sep-08 20:03:23

Crackers with cheese, or marmite, or both?

wtfhashappened Wed 17-Sep-08 20:41:18

wow! thanks for the quick response!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now