Talk

Advanced search

Any ideas for cooking 6 chicken drumsticks/thighs?

(8 Posts)
saltire Wed 17-Sep-08 11:28:39

Was thinking of just casseroling themhmm

Overmydeadbody Wed 17-Sep-08 11:32:52

Ooooh no, don't casserole then, get yourself a jar of sticky bbq sauce and roast them in the oven covered in this.

Or make your own marinade and roast then covered in that.

Or do chinese 5 spice chicken, sprinkle 5 spice powder, garlic and oil all over them and roast <drool.>

Overmydeadbody Wed 17-Sep-08 11:36:00

sticky bbq marinade:

1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
4 teaspoons granulated garlic or 2 cloves crushed garlic
4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
3 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons paprika
2 teaspoons chili powder
Extra-virgin olive oil

Mix all the ingredients, cover the chicken with the marinade and leave covered in the fridge for as long as you can (a few hours will do, 6 hours would be better!) and then tip it all into a roasting tin and roast until the chicken is cooked.

Overmydeadbody Wed 17-Sep-08 11:37:06

or just make a simple mix of garlic, olive oil, soy sauce, worcester sauce and honey, coat the chicken, and roast.

Overmydeadbody Wed 17-Sep-08 11:38:09

I'm craving some five-spice chicken now, I may have to make that fir supper tonight...

LackaDAISYcal Wed 17-Sep-08 11:40:08

marinate them for as long as in lots of olive oil, garlic, lemon juice and tarragon and baste frequently whilst cooking (grilling is better, but roasting works just as well)......delicious.

or coat in one of the ready prepared spice mix rubs you can get now and roast. We like morrocan, served with vegetable couscous or mexican served with rice and spicy bean salad.

Rubyrubyruby Wed 17-Sep-08 11:40:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

woodenchair Wed 17-Sep-08 11:58:36

I got a recipe of here that I used for mothers day, really easy too

Chop up some veggies, peppers, onions, courgettes etc. bung them in an oven proof dish with the chicken and smother them with a jar of red pesto and mush it in with your fingers.

Cook in oven for an hour and hey pesto!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now