Talk

Advanced search

Rice

(10 Posts)
cherryapple Tue 16-Sep-08 16:23:02

My lo loves rice I never cook at at home for her but shes had little tasters when we go out for dinner. Could anybody give me ideas on which types of rice I can give her and how to flavour it. My lo is 2. Thankyou

pamplemousse Tue 16-Sep-08 17:47:46

How about some basmati rice, cooked with a little vegetable stock cube (not a whole one as too salty)?
Or brown rice is very nutritious and a good habit to start!
HTH?

Overmydeadbody Tue 16-Sep-08 18:36:01

You don't really need to flavour rice, just cook it up and serve it with some type of food that provides the flavour.

Serve it with stir fries, chillie (without the chillies obviously!), stews casseroles, curries et etc

Overmydeadbody Tue 16-Sep-08 18:36:54

how to cook basmati rice

norksinmywaistband Tue 16-Sep-08 18:42:38

I do a chicken and veg fried rice the kids love it

cherryapple Tue 16-Sep-08 19:00:58

Thankyou for your replies norksinmywaistband could you give me your recipe please?

cherryapple Tue 16-Sep-08 19:01:02

Thankyou for your replies norksinmywaistband could you give me your recipe please?

norksinmywaistband Wed 17-Sep-08 10:13:26

cook rice til just done
I use leftover chicken torn into strips
peas, brocolli, courgette, peppers( whatever veg you DC like lightly steamed

In a hot wok/frying pan heat some oil

Tip in all ingredients stir fry for a few mins
Add a little soy sauce mixed with a little sugar

Heh ho done.

If you want to add eggs you can make an omlette in the pan first then add the other ingedients.

foxytocin Wed 17-Sep-08 10:16:44

Get a rice cooker. They are cheap.

I make jambalaya and my caribbean rice dishes in mine too. Also converts to a vegetable steamer.

stroppyknickers Wed 17-Sep-08 10:28:13

I cook the rice then fry it with eggs and peas and sweetcorn. DD loves it with cheese melted in hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now