Talk

Advanced search

Need Nigella Express recipe - anyone with the book prepared to be very very kind?

(13 Posts)
bumbling Tue 16-Sep-08 07:36:57

Desperate to remake something I had someoewhere the other day from Nigella Express. It's a mexican chicken recipe I think. But regardless it has chicken, avos and coriander etc in it. Have the chicken, well plenty of leftover from a roast chicken yesterday, but don't have the cash to buy the book.

I'd be eternally grateful if anyone would let me have the recipe.

CostaRicanCod Tue 16-Sep-08 07:41:50

not on her site?

poshtottie Tue 16-Sep-08 07:43:21

I have it. I'll go and look.

poshtottie Tue 16-Sep-08 07:46:30

mexican chicken salad with tomato and black bean salsa?

bellavita Tue 16-Sep-08 08:00:00

salad

300g shredded cooked chicken
1 x jicama 50g peeled, and cut in matchsticks
2 spring onions, finely shredded
cupped handful of finely chopped corriander
125g shredded cos lettuce

dressing

1 ripe avocado
125ml sour cream
3 x 15ml tablespoons lime juice
1 garlic clove peeled
1 teaspoon maldon salt
good grinding black pepper

spoon the flesh out of the avocado and put into a blender with all the other dressing ingredients., process until smooth, put all the salad ingredients into a bowl and spoon the dressing over them.

Tomato and Black Bean Salsa

1 x 425g can black beans
2 tomatoes deseeded and roughly chopped
1 teaspoon maldon salt
75g roughly chopped pickled red jalapeno chilli peppers from a jar
1 x 15ml tablespoon lime juice

drain and rinse the beans, mix in a bowl with the chopped tomatoes, salt, jalapenos and lime juice. Check seasoning.

bellavita Tue 16-Sep-08 08:00:52

if you cannot get hold of said jicama, then replace with an asian or nashi pear or a couple of drained cans of water chestnuts.

bumbling Tue 16-Sep-08 08:08:15

Oh thank you thank you bellavita and poshtottie. Can't tell you how grateful I am. Def, def don't have jicama. Do you think I culd use normal pear, or an apple instead of waterchestunuts. Or is that ridiculous?

Cod good idea, assumed with recipes in a book she'd never allow them "out there" for free on the web. Will look now for future ref. (Loving the How to talk thread by the way - many thanks. Also did your potty training boot camp, via an old thread of yours, in the summer and it worked perfectly. Do you bill monthly or annually?)

bellavita Tue 16-Sep-08 08:12:48

Not sure because I have not had any of the said pears or jicama, but in the book it says "what you want is juiciness and crunch" oh here we go, she says "I wouldn't say not to a granny smith apple, cut into chunky matchsticks either".

poshtottie Tue 16-Sep-08 08:18:27

Thanks bellavita, I didn't want to start typing it out if it was the wrong recipe.

I couldn't find it on her website.

bumbling Tue 16-Sep-08 08:31:14

Thank you all. A Granny Smith eh. That'll do it and I'll ut waterchestunuts and jacama whatsit on the list. Had this dish somewhere the other day and it was delic.

Muchas Gracias to all.

WhirlingStirling Tue 16-Sep-08 09:56:19

Some of the recipes from Nigella Express are here on BBC webshite. Not sure if they are all there though smile

bumbling Tue 16-Sep-08 16:53:23

Thatnks Whirling. Just had a look and written a couple down already. Now I've just got to get my arse in gear and actually cook them!

bumbling Tue 16-Sep-08 19:14:44

DS has to work late damn it. Damn that credit crunch, world is collapsing thing, I had a Delia recipe to make. Will make it tomorrow intsead and report back. Thanks again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now