Talk

Advanced search

another totally random question . . .

(4 Posts)
lucysmam Mon 15-Sep-08 20:19:21

I seem to have acquired a tin of chilli beans last time I did a shop & don't know where they came from. They look like kidney beans but possibly in some sort of chilli sauce type thing from the pic on the tin... What on earth can I do with them? As my oh doesn't actually like kidney beans for some strange reason hmm Although he'll eat any other kind of bean I put in front of him

emskaboo Mon 15-Sep-08 20:28:34

I make a cheap as chips sausage thing with kidney beans and ended up using a tin of chilli beans last time as I, like you, had picked them up by accident. You fry an onion and a green pepper and sausages chopped up into chunks until the sausages are brown, add a tin of tomatoes (and then another one if you're me and always over cater), add the beans and simmer for 15 mins and then eat on rice. No suggestions for how to get your oh to eat them though, sorry!

ivykaty44 Mon 15-Sep-08 20:30:31

Make refreid beans with them as you need to blitz them to mush and add cumin, choopped fried onion, garlic etc. Then roll the mixture up in tortilla and place in rows in an oven tray and sprinkle cheese on top - bake in oven till nice and hot. Serve with salsa

lucysmam Mon 15-Sep-08 20:41:32

ooh ivy, you're a genius! I'm getting salsa ingredients tomorrow so will give that a go!

ems, that could be a good un for footy nights when oh is not in until late so I tend to eat from my freezer's huge stock of leftovers/batch cooked stuff in-case I can't be arsed. Sounds like it wouldn't take long to knock up either.

Thanks both smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now