Talk

Advanced search

Soup too thick, can I just keep adding water?

(6 Posts)
mogs0 Mon 15-Sep-08 19:05:33

I made a casserole yesterday and the veg was really soggy! Ds wouldn't really eat it, I wasn't that keen either! I decided to blend it and have it as soup but after adding a fair amount of water it's still the consistency of puree fit for a 6 month old! Should I just keep adding water? Is there anything I can add to it to make it a bit more tasty? It contains chicken, sweet pots, carrots, veg stock, onion, ummmm, I think that's all. Would a drop of Worcester sauce help?

JumpingDizzy Mon 15-Sep-08 19:07:22

can you not add more stock? keep tasting as you dilute it. I like thick soup though with crusty bread.

mazzystar Mon 15-Sep-08 19:07:47

stock, white wine, wine, cream, nutmeg, parsley or tarragon
would all cheer it up a bit

CountessDracula Mon 15-Sep-08 19:09:00

Stick it through a sieve
That will thin it out and it will be nicer

CountessDracula Mon 15-Sep-08 19:09:37

oh and chuck in some herbs (oregano, basil) and a splash of tabasco, salt and pepper etc

mogs0 Mon 15-Sep-08 19:18:22

Ok, I'm off to raid my cupboards for herbs and more stock. I also like thick soup but this is really thick!! I'm going to try and get my Mum and Stepdad to have some tomorrow because there's so much! I might send them home with a couple of pints of it to put in their freezer!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now