Talk

Advanced search

How bad for a 2 year old is Heinz Cream of Tomato soup?

(15 Posts)
PavlovtheCat Sun 14-Sep-08 11:52:31

I have sent DH to buy some for me as I have the flu/throat infection or whatever bug it is, my throat is killing me and the only thing I can think about eating without feeling sick in Tomato Soup, guess its from when I was a child!

Anyway, I was thinking that I would do some for DD too, and some cheese on toast (inspired by another thread!).

Thats ok isn't it? I a not sure if it has any nutritional value at all!

zippitippitoes Sun 14-Sep-08 11:53:15

i think it would be lovely

Twiglett Sun 14-Sep-08 11:54:34

it's fine

my dad used to bring us Heinz Cream of Tomato Soup and Jacob's Cream Crackers when we were sick too smile

bobsyouruncle Sun 14-Sep-08 11:56:18

We tried the new Heinz limited edition tomato and red pepper yesterday, it was lovely.

littlelapin Sun 14-Sep-08 11:56:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PavlovtheCat Sun 14-Sep-08 12:05:25

Oh good, I am glad it is acceptable.

DH is going to watch grand prix so I will be doing lunch, dont want to do two meals!

DH has been great actually, he has done the washing (mixed lights and darks) hung out washing on the washing line (all lopsided) gone shopping (will spend twice as much as I would, and get the wrong things).

And you know, usually I would moan about him doing it wrong, and today, I really appreciate it, and smiled when I saw the washing all higgledy piggledy!

I am actually really looking forward to my soup. DH asked if I did not want a nice fresh soup instead, and I did not!

I have never had it with crackers though - and the thought of them right now makes my throat hurt even more!

Thanks for get well message LL!

zippitippitoes Sun 14-Sep-08 12:06:42

crackers sound odd to me as wel separately with cheddar but not in soup

soft white sliced sublest in soup dipped in

littlelapin Sun 14-Sep-08 12:07:55

PavlovtheCat Sun 14-Sep-08 12:09:21

Yes, I agree with the bread, soft freshly cut, lots of butter and dunked...

I quite fancy the cheese on toast that I am going to do DD, but my throat is so sore, I can't eat anything right now sad

MrsMattie Sun 14-Sep-08 12:10:12

MMM I want some now

littlelapin Sun 14-Sep-08 12:14:03

PavlovtheCat Sun 14-Sep-08 12:18:46

LOL, I best tell DH to stock up today! grin

PavlovtheCat Sun 14-Sep-08 12:21:31

I am really worried - I am not sure that I stressed the importance of the soup being Heinz Cream of Tomato well enough, he does like to 'help' and treat me, he is probably thinking, she says she wants that, but in fact she wants this really really posh soup, I will get her that, she will be very pleased...

PavlovtheCat Sun 14-Sep-08 12:22:03

...and he is not answering his mobile sad

zippitippitoes Sun 14-Sep-08 12:31:29

you cant have buttered bread with soup

you would greasy globules in the soup and it doesnt draw the soup up correctly

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now