Talk

Advanced search

my flapjacks have stuck to the dish I made them in [sad]

(9 Posts)
lucysmam Fri 12-Sep-08 15:31:22

could it be because I used a ceramic dish rather than a tin? Am gutted because I LOVE flapjacks n can only actually get the top half off the dish!shock sad

BecauseImWorthIt Fri 12-Sep-08 15:33:54

Have you left them to cool down? Sometimes it's easier to get stuff off when it's cold.

Otherwise, can you can a palette knife down the side and underneath them? If you can, try heating the knife up by dipping it in boiling water and then seeing if you can work them loose that way.

bellavita Fri 12-Sep-08 15:34:25

I use a baking liner for stuff like this. Costs about £3.50 from Tesco, but well worth it.

When you have finished with it, just wipe it down with a damp cloth or sometimes I just stick it in a bowl of warm soapy water and hang over the taps to dry off.

Can be used time and time again - no need to grease it. Am sure that it has something like a 5 year guarantee.

LazyLinePainterJane Fri 12-Sep-08 15:41:02

you need silicone bakeware!

you could freeze it, get it out, then reheat?

NineYearsOfNappies Fri 12-Sep-08 16:41:06

Chisel the bits out (gently!) and use them as a base for a cheesecake or yohurt gloop pudding.

OhYouBadBadKitten Fri 12-Sep-08 16:41:52

or crumble it up and call it granola!

ChopsTheDuck Fri 12-Sep-08 16:51:00

crumble it up and mix it with icecream!

lucysmam Fri 12-Sep-08 17:26:47

think it's going to have to be either chisel it out & use for something else! It's stuck fast sad will have a look at silicone bakeware in town tomorrow and have a look for baking liners. Thanks for the suggestions, will mix with ice cream for tonight I think & freeze the rest for another time.

So much for sitting in front of a film with the lot tnight hmm have to find something else to munch now . . .

NineYears, I pmsl @ chisel the bits out but looks like that's the only way they're coming out

NineYearsOfNappies Fri 12-Sep-08 21:54:07

You may not be the first person to have done this!

I really like it as a base for butterscotch Angel Delight. Pile on that sugar...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now