Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

fishy ideas

(4 Posts)
jackeroo Wed 23-Feb-05 19:32:36

does anyone have any good recipes/ideas for including fish in the diet of an 8 month old? my DS is quite fussy with solids and not really into lumpy stuff much yet. he loves chicken, avocado and yoghurt and most purees but i feel he's lacking in red meat and fish so far?

Fran1 Wed 23-Feb-05 19:45:16

I'm not a big fish lover, but the two dishes i do with fish to ensure its in our diet, is either make a parsley sauce to pour over cod baked in oven. And a very delicious fish pie from Jamie Olivers recipe book (let me know if you want me to type out the recipe). But its yummy cos it includes boiled eggs and spinach, cleverly disguised so fussy children will eat it! For that i use any type of fish. Oh and of course there's all the things you can do with a tin of tuna (buy tuna in spring water though). Fish cakes, tuna bake or a nice tuna and pasta salad.

Donbean Wed 23-Feb-05 19:47:30

I mix cod in butter sauce with mash spuds and broccoli then wiz it in the food processor, ds loves it!

jackeroo Thu 24-Feb-05 08:50:15

thanks for these - good ideas... fish pie and cod with mash sound yummy and baby friendly...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now