Talk

Advanced search

Freezing homemade pies question

(10 Posts)
JumpingDizzy Thu 11-Sep-08 18:45:34

I've made a big fruit pie and also a big corned beef potato and onion pie. Can I freeze it ok and is it ok to freeze in slices? TIA

fryalot Thu 11-Sep-08 18:46:06

yes
and yes

tis easier to freeze it unbaked, but baked is not a problem either.

JumpingDizzy Thu 11-Sep-08 18:46:13

forgot to say it's shortcrust pastry.

JumpingDizzy Thu 11-Sep-08 18:46:45

thank you squonk it's baked.

fryalot Thu 11-Sep-08 18:47:22

twill be fine, just remember when you defrost it that it won't take such a hot temperature to heat it up (or microwave it\)

JumpingDizzy Thu 11-Sep-08 19:03:24

thanks

Concepta Thu 11-Sep-08 19:09:18

Sounds nice - any chance of a recipe for your corned beef, potato and onion pie. Wouldn't mind giving it a go.

JumpingDizzy Fri 12-Sep-08 14:31:53

Concepta, I just made shortcrust pastry from the bero book then gently fried some onions in a small pan left them to simmer for a few mins with lid on to go soft, (i use plenty) mashed up a tin of corned beef and some boiled pots and some black pepper all in a bowl, lined a greased plate with pastry spread most of mix on that then put another layer of pastry on. It's very easy. I had too much mix so ate the rest grin

Pinktopaz Fri 17-Mar-17 20:19:34

I also put a grated carrot in mixed herbs, a bit of tomato sauce. I trim the fat off the corned beef. In the past I have also put a splash of Worcester sauce and a beef oxon cube in

Pinktopaz Fri 17-Mar-17 20:20:08

Teaspoon mixed herbs

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now