Talk

Advanced search

A good pasta salad?

(6 Posts)
Tinkjon Thu 11-Sep-08 06:49:26

I want a cold pasta salad for a family party on Saturday - any good ones? What do I make the dressing with, is it just mayo?

Cies Thu 11-Sep-08 07:14:20

I´ve made a really nice one recently.

The recipe was for roasted vegetables and a harissa dressing.

However, because ILs aren´t that keen on spicy things, I missed out the harissa.

So, it was basically cut into chunks some aubergine, courgette, onions,peppers and tomatoes. Put on a baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and add a bit of garlic. Roast for half an hour. When the veg are done, mix them with some cooked pasta spirals. The juices that the veg had given off made a nice dressing. But if you wanted to make it a bit spicy you could add a bit of harissa or chilli.

and hey presto!

It can be served hot, warm or cold.

Furball Thu 11-Sep-08 07:14:52

I do cold pasta, ham, boiled egg, red onion, tomato, cucumber, pepper all chopped up add grated cheese then a good dollop of mayo, mix altogether

Cies Thu 11-Sep-08 07:15:43

Another one I love, but maybe isn´t so much a salad as a light meal. is tuna and sweetcorn with pasta spirals.

I use mayo and lemon juice and lots of black pepper to jazz it up a bit.

Arbuthnot Thu 11-Sep-08 07:36:04

We do pasta bows with wild rocket pesto put on while it is warm and then left to cool. Add some toasted pine nuts and fried mushrooms if you like them. Simple but lovely!

(And very poncey sounding grin)

moondog Fri 12-Sep-08 23:27:17

No such thing.
All pasta salads are Satan's snot.
Do a tabbouleh (cracked wheat) or chickpea or lentil one instead.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now