Talk

Advanced search

If you were serving lamb stuffed with feta, garlic and herbs...

(15 Posts)
snickersnack Wed 10-Sep-08 21:41:54

...what would you serve with it? Potato? Veg? Salad and bread? The recipe is strangely silent on serving suggestions and I'm uninspired...

Bewilderbeast Wed 10-Sep-08 21:42:36

salad and bread I think

sleepycat Wed 10-Sep-08 21:43:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LargeHadronCollider Wed 10-Sep-08 21:44:10

WHat, um, shape is the lamb? I mean, what sort of cut of lamb, and how is it presented? Some sort of potato gratin, maybe?

MaureenMLove Wed 10-Sep-08 21:44:44

I'd go for cous cous as well. Maybe with lemon juice & zest, peas and a bit of rocket tossed in too.

kiltycoldbum Wed 10-Sep-08 21:47:10

depending on the cut, i often puree chickpeas with cumin seeds and a bit of garlic and a squeeze of lemon juice and serve the lamb placed on it with pitta bread

kiltycoldbum Wed 10-Sep-08 21:47:46

i cook the chickpeas through though by the way, sorry! smile

snickersnack Wed 10-Sep-08 21:48:17

It's a leg, LHC. Maureen - I fear cous cous, never really got my head round it, but perhaps this is the time to go for it.

JackieNo Wed 10-Sep-08 21:51:40

Ooh - the chickpea puree sounds yummy. I reckon it might benefit from something with a bit of liquid for textural contrast <ponce>grin.

tkband3 Wed 10-Sep-08 21:52:34

Definitely couscous - can't go wrong. Put some in a bowl, pour enough boiling water over it to cover it with about half a cm over the top (IYSWIM, can't think how to explain it properly), put a plate or a piece of kitchen roll over the top and leave it for 10 mins. I add toasted pine nuts, lemon juice and fry up various veg to make it more interesting - red onion, garlic, courgette, red pepper. Stir in chopped mint and coriander and YUM grin.

kiltycoldbum Wed 10-Sep-08 21:54:27

obviously you're dead right jackieno grin its really nice actually, a bit like hummus but not quite iyswim! you can then serve it next day as a hummus with bits of fried leftover lamb on top of it and a few chickpeas on top, clever huh!

harpomarx Wed 10-Sep-08 21:58:25

rice with tomatoes, raisins, onions, pine nuts and parsely.

I love this with lamb.

pointydog Wed 10-Sep-08 22:04:49

or stuffed peppers, keeping up the greek theme

mrsruffallo Wed 10-Sep-08 22:05:24

Salad and bread here too.

snickersnack Wed 10-Sep-08 22:15:58

Cous cous it is. If I go the roasted veg route I won't need separate veg and carbs. Nice work every one. I'll report back on whether I managed to conquer my cous cous phobia.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now